Production tips- final product?

Barnzee

OmniaInNumerisSitaSunt
VIP Junglist
I dont get this, I've mad a few tunes in fl studio 7(had it like a month or so) and I have no problem making the tunes and using the various instruments, samplers etc. However, the finished product, although it sounds good on my headphones while im creating it, always sounds sucky on the speakers... is it my pc? or is it my production? It sounds hollow to me, I don't know how to adjust the final product etc, i can just create the tunes themselves, if you get me?

Anybody got any tips on making my tunes sound better quality after I export them as mp3 ( i undertsand that degrades some quality). It would be much appreciated :)

Your average stereo speakers or headphones will always make your tunes more flattering. Get a decent set of Monitors like Mackie HR824's, Dynaudio BM6a's or Genelec 8040's - If your tune sounds 'hollow' (as you put it) on these - your tune needs more work. Try filling the frequency spectrum with other sounds or layering sounds and EQ each sound and use dynamics like compression on the sound that need it - this will make your tune sound fuller. If you process a series of sounds - say, 3 layered snare hits - you can bounce them down as one audio file to ease up on your computer processor if your running lots of tracks. MP3's will never sound quite as good as the signal is compressed into a smaller format. Sorry to get tech'y mate. EQ is king! Keep practising bro!

yeah what he said ^^

also if your track sounds a little quiet when you have finished, put a limiter on the master channel to beef it up a bit

Back
Top Bottom