Problemo's with NI Massive

elmaruk

slannndaaaaaaar
VIP Junglist
Been using massive for ages now and havn't had a single problem with it.
Untill now...
Got a new PC and uped my version too Massive 1.5
My problem is when i load up the synth and play a note the initial hit come thru really loud then the volume drops...from what i remember whenever i played a note before it would come thru at a level volume, as if there is a envelope already in place.

Anyone know how to fix this? my work around and the moment is to put envelope on the volume but this is really undesireable.

Why is having the envelope on the volume undesirable?

You need an amplitude envelope, otherwise it will only sound whilst being triggered.

From what I remember (been ages since I've used Massive) envelope 4 is assigned to the amp.

Look here for what I mean:
http://www.hybernationmusic.com/images/MassiveOnReceptor.jpg

If you don't then it will just been the impulse, without any decay, sustain or release, which is why your sound drops off.

If this happened after an update check to make sure that all your plugins have reloaded correctly. I had problems like this updating and then loading in 64 straight away, so I loaded on the basic 32bit, it loaded all the plugins again and then after that it worked on 64bit.

cheers ill see if that helps...i installed it and started using it on 64bit but then find my Waves plugins arn't compatible with 64bit so im running 32bit cubase instead.

As mentioned, Envelope 4 is the default envelope assigned. Simply increase the sustain (Level knob next to decay) and that's it.

---------- Post added at 22:44 ---------- Previous post was at 22:42 ----------

Btw, I believe 1.1.4 patches aren't compatible with the latest massive.

Back
Top Bottom