Pinecone Moonshine 037
Snaper - Grey Line

pcms037-Snaper-Grey_Line.jpg

https://pineconemoonshine.bandcamp.com/album/pcms037-grey-line

A. Pod
B. Morph
C. Grey Line
D. Dissonant

These four tracks by Snaper demonstrate a finesse and attention to detail that make what are on the surface rather repetitive tracks full of movement.
Pod emphasizes a rhythmic bassline loud in the mix and a light break with shuffles or slightly quieter snares filling the down beats. Morph uses just a couple kicks and snares and hi-hats slowly ticking in the background. There is plenty of space between notes allowing small movements, delays, and sub to fit. Grey Line has a tinnier sounding break almost like the sound pressure is a bit forced. Subtle use of synths get a good reverb treatment. Again the space between drum hits is filled with one off details and carefully selected delays and reverb. Dissonant has a low sounding kick drum matched with a slew-distorted, noise snare. Harmonic dub pads end the EP on a pleasant tone.

Thanks,
Nic

i love how confident the style is. no generic tambourine oneshot drawn straight through the arrangement, every element is purpousful and carefully selected. minimal like a monolith in space. classy as always!!

your ease of the streets though, thats just crazy, you outdone yourself again man, is the full thing out yet cos then im buying it on payday first thing.

Yes, Snaper is super focused on selecting specific sounds something I really aspire towards. :)

And thanks, Ease of Streets is out now on my Sampling EP (pineconemoonshine.bandcamp.com). :2thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom