[Pinecone Moonshine 037] Snaper - Grey Line

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by tv_g, May 18, 2015.

1. tv_g

tv_g Active Member

Pinecone Moonshine 037
    Snaper - Grey Line

[​IMG]

https://pineconemoonshine.bandcamp.com/album/pcms037-grey-line

A. Pod
    B. Morph
    C. Grey Line
    D. Dissonant

These four tracks by Snaper demonstrate a finesse and attention to detail that make what are on the surface rather repetitive tracks full of movement.
    Pod emphasizes a rhythmic bassline loud in the mix and a light break with shuffles or slightly quieter snares filling the down beats. Morph uses just a couple kicks and snares and hi-hats slowly ticking in the background. There is plenty of space between notes allowing small movements, delays, and sub to fit. Grey Line has a tinnier sounding break almost like the sound pressure is a bit forced. Subtle use of synths get a good reverb treatment. Again the space between drum hits is filled with one off details and carefully selected delays and reverb. Dissonant has a low sounding kick drum matched with a slew-distorted, noise snare. Harmonic dub pads end the EP on a pleasant tone.

Thanks,
    Nic

logikz likes this.
  2. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

Love Pod, mighty mover!

tv_g likes this.
  3. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

i love how confident the style is. no generic tambourine oneshot drawn straight through the arrangement, every element is purpousful and carefully selected. minimal like a monolith in space. classy as always!!

your ease of the streets though, thats just crazy, you outdone yourself again man, is the full thing out yet cos then im buying it on payday first thing.

4. tv_g

tv_g Active Member

Yes, Snaper is super focused on selecting specific sounds something I really aspire towards. :)

And thanks, Ease of Streets is out now on my Sampling EP (pineconemoonshine.bandcamp.com). :2thumbs: