NI Kore player

Discussion in 'Production' started by kama, Feb 5, 2009.

1. kama

kama benkama.net

...is free for download @ http://www.native-instruments.com/. You can DL some free expansion packs, and from what I've heard it the sounds are useable. Guess I'll be mostly resampling since it's a stripped down version of the Kore 2 full version.

Nothing beats that price/quality ratio though :D

2. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

whats it do?

3. kama

kama benkama.net

plays sounds, surprisingly. You can't edit the sounds as its very vanilla and no sweeteners added. but there are 8 knobs that morph every sound, very cool and very easy. Not many sounds included though and getting it running is a bit of a hassle. Just downloaded a free addon pack, selected sounds from all their other (non-free) sound packs. Report will come later.

But it's got me thinking of buying Kore 2 or Kontakt, the sounds are that good.

4. subprime

subprime Dysjoint

Yup the Kore soundz are pretty good. The Kore player works fine but it's pretty limiting, just put out there to get you interested to buy the real deal. I like some of the drum sounds better than what comes in the battery 3 library, and you can load most single shots into Battery, even whole kits I think. I just browse for snares and kicks etc.

5. kama

kama benkama.net

hah lolz yeah demo version basically but no limitations of use.

Well it did it's job, I want to get Kore 2 badly now. With the controller and all.