New section of track for review

hello gabs! nice disco roller this one. love the vibe and the compact intro. vocals are spot on, very very well processed.
the melo gets bit too repetitive for me but maybe you change that later on. also, the when the beat kicks in at around 0.25 it starts to sound muddy.
please look at your freq. arrangement. esp, the kicks get overturned by other elements, try to EQ things to get clear sound and better room.
I really like this track and look forward to the next version of it .. :2thumbs:

here a video I found really helpful.. not the same style of music but really helpful on EQ and freq layering in general

What maschinistom has said!
hello gabs! nice disco roller this one. love the vibe and the compact intro. vocals are spot on, very very well processed.
the melo gets bit too repetitive for me but maybe you change that later on. also, the when the beat kicks in at around 0.25 it starts to sound muddy.
please look at your freq. arrangement. esp, the kicks get overturned by other elements, try to EQ things to get clear sound and better room.
I really like this track and look forward to the next version of it .. :2thumbs:

here a video I found really helpful.. not the same style of music but really helpful on EQ and freq layering in general
I also vouch for this!

You have a nice flavorsome tune, I like! The vocal I feel doesn't fit the tempo unfortunately. Dope vocal nonetheless but I can't help but tap out of time every time I hear the build of the hats and drums. Are you using a limiter on the master channel? It sounds a little squashed and the tune can't breathe. Mix all your channels at a low volume so the master output is about -6db.....it will sound super quiet but will give you ample room to apply anything like limiters and other mastering chain things you might need to spruce it up a bit!

Thanks for feedbacking symbiosis. Do you think the mix is ok etc?

Sorry for the late response Gabs, been a bit busy lately. Good feedback from maschinistom and treatem, it does sound a bit muddy in the lower frequencies. One quick dirty fix is to use a notch eq on the master channel to cut around 500 hz by about 3 db. Make sure you use a narrow q. That might reduce the mud a bit. If you have time however, what usually works for me are the following:

1: Add a high pass filter to the kick to remove frequencies below at least 50 hz so it doesn't interfere with the subs.
2: Add a slight boost between 5 - 8 khz on the kick to bring out the "click" that can help the kick cut through.
3: Side chain the bass with the kick (and anything else that might be interfering with it) that way the kick cuts through the mix cleanly.
4: Alternatively, Add a high pass filter to everything else but the kick and bass elements! :D

Adding to Treatem's feedback re "sounding squashed", I like to add a compressor, before the limiter. I set the compressor to a 2 to 1 ratio with slow attack to let the transients through. I find this makes the tune punchy and adds extra volume without me having to go crazy with the limiter.

I hope this helps and please finish the tune so we can crank that shit.

What maschinistom has said!
I also vouch for this!

You have a nice flavorsome tune, I like! The vocal I feel doesn't fit the tempo unfortunately. Dope vocal nonetheless but I can't help but tap out of time every time I hear the build of the hats and drums. Are you using a limiter on the master channel? It sounds a little squashed and the tune can't breathe. Mix all your channels at a low volume so the master output is about -6db.....it will sound super quiet but will give you ample room to apply anything like limiters and other mastering chain things you might need to spruce it up a bit!

Hi Treatment thanks for feedbacking. Just working on track now... Using logic pro x... Regarding the vocals What I did was found some in similar tempo to dnb I always make my tracks 174bpm but they weren't quite matching then time stretched so the start of each line or verse is at the start of each 4 bar section. Its frustrating me that I still can't tell properly when vocals are out of time, any idea how you would rectify to get vocals in time?

When making my tracks I always mix the track so peak output is about 0db then on my short mastering process I apply a limiter as far as I think it will go without screwing the whole song. If I mix my track so the loudest part is -6db will I not have to use the limiter too much when mastering? I'm sure im wrong just not quite got my head around it yet haha...

Thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom