New Mixer - Need some set up advice

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by StooeyC, Dec 16, 2007.

1. StooeyC

StooeyC Through the Loop

Hey

Sorry if this has been asked a million times, but my brother has brand new TT200s and basically i'm fed up of being moaned at every time he comes home from work and im messing around on his decks

I literally laid down my first GOOD mix ten minutes ago, i messed around a few times before and couldnt get used to the pitch changing, but i just laid down my first good mix and i feel great about it

I'm considering getting my own decks as im fed up of not having the freedom on my brothers, and im desperate to get into mixing

Sorry if i seem like a bit of a 'noob' but if anyone could give me an advice on a set up to get i'd appreciate it

Budget isn't much of a problem but the cheaper the better

God, getting your first good mix down feels good

Sorry for talking crap and the paragraphs, StooeyC

2. Riisu

Riisu Not the Preacher Man

well, give us a rough budget of how much you're willing to spend, like the maximum.

there's enough packages out there on many sites, it just does litterely depend on how much you can afford.

i guess the only bit of advice i'd give is, go for technics. i've used lots of different brands of decks, but technics outshine them all. and i'll think you'll get more back off them in the long run, and it's best to learn on them (as i've found) so i'd reccomend them.

but it's all down to personal preference really.

as for the mixer. anything with 2 channels at the mo, doesn't have to be anything special. depends if you want effects and kill switches, or any other treats?

3. MARKLAR

MARKLAR International Tracksuit Salesman

4. StooeyC

StooeyC Through the Loop

As i said money isn't an issue but im not spending tonnes on decks when im new to mixing, my brother has TT 200s and im happy with those, he got his second hand but in brand new condition for 250, decks, mixer, the lot

i said the cheaper the better.. not get MK 5s haha :D

when i say money isnt an issue i mean like, a pair of tt200s up to 400 quid or something, i dont mean i got 1500 quid to spend on decks, i have to live to :D

Last edited: Dec 16, 2007
  5. AuGsY

AuGsY DJ apprentice

tt200's should do u fine, i would buy good quality needles right off the bat (cheap ones ware far to quickly and dont sound as good). For a mixer look for a 3 band EQ and made by a reliable company pioneer, denon, allen and heath to name a few...

6. StooeyC

StooeyC Through the Loop

thanks, looking into it :)