Need more cd's

Jabel

I recently purchased a pair of numark cdx's, mostly so that I will be able to spin the music i produce along with others. My problem has been finding cd's to buy. There are so many mix cd's out there but hardly any unmixed cd's. I have found a couple here and there and have bought every one I have seen.

Where do I buy unmixed dnb cd's?

If you want decent tracks, you really need to get them off the net and burn them as audio to cd. Also, mixed cd sometimes come with an unmixed cd as well, like the dnba cd's, the Renegade Hardware cd's, and some of the early Ram cd's

Already got those cd's. And yeah it seems like downloading tracks and burning them is really my only choice. Are there any sites other than doa?

There are plenty of unmixed cds out there BUT there are also plenty of tracks that you will not find on wide release cd, especially major floorstomping anthemns, VIP mixes, remixes and bootlegs. You might find them on promo cds off Ebay or whatever but they are difficult to get.

There are plenty of places that you can buy mp3s from and burn them to cd... unfortunately there is often a serious delay in tracks coming out on mp3, with them first coming out on promo, then vinyl, then mp3. Not all tracks come out on mp3 - most vip mixes, some remixes and all white labels will not appear on legal mp3.

If you want to be playing promos and VIPs, then you have to copy vinyl onto cd... which sort of takes the point of buying those wonderful CDXs away.

I buy most of my cds off Ebay - keeps the cost well down. More effort, less money.

I agree with Dustek here...your best bet is to download MP3's that you buy off Beatport, Chemical, iTunes, etc. onto your computer and just burn to CD. This is great for tracks which you think are "pretty good" but you can't justify spending $13 for the vinyl. There are not a ton of labels out there right now selling their back catalouge on MP3 but more and more are gradually starting to. Many tracks do get released for sale on MP3 a bit later than the vinyl but only having to pay a mere fraction of what the vinyl costs for a version that has very similar sound quality makes up for it.

What I personally like to do, is to download the two tracks that came on a specific 12" single and burn just those two songs onto one CD and label it. That way it's easier to find in the middle of a set and I'm not having to search through 15 songs on an entire CD just to find the track I know I want to play, it's usually going to just be track 1.

nickdawg said:
What I personally like to do, is to download the two tracks that came on a specific 12" single and burn just those two songs onto one CD and label it. That way it's easier to find in the middle of a set and I'm not having to search through 15 songs on an entire CD just to find the track I know I want to play, it's usually going to just be track 1.

Good idea, I do the same. Clearly labelled - makes the job a lot easier.

A fucker off Ebay ripped me off on my CDX so I'm still waiting to get one (or two). He's got a serious legal problem though.

Thanks guys that Chemical records site is pretty good. I had previously not looked very hard on Ebay but I will look harder see if i can find any gold.

Ur Help is appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom