Need help with NI BATTERY and multi channel routing with LOGIC PRO

Polyphony

--- THIS POST HAS BEEN SOLVED. IF YOU ARE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM READ THE REPLIES BELOW ---

Since I have first gotten Battery, my main hope has been to use it merely as a sampler and then feed all of the channels through their own separate busses/channels to do my EQing, delays, reverb, etc. It also would be nice to finally be working with MIDI.

Unfortunately, I have not figured out how to do this with Logic. I have seen tutorials on line via Ableton and Cubase, but neither of them work the same way. I can't figure out how to route individual samples through their own audio mixer track. If you know how, please share. Thank you.

Last edited:
I'm not using Logic, but do you have the correct settings in Battery? You have to route every single cell to a different channel. You will find it on the right bottom corner in Battery...by default it sends everything to the master channel. Just click on one cell and on the bottom right corner it shows you, to which channel it goes; there you can also change it.

Yeah, When I do this it gives me options like "st. 3/4, st. 5/6, st. 7/8", so on and so forth, is this what you get ? These pairs have no relation with busses or audio tracks from what I can see. :/

Yes, so you can route your kick drum, i.e. one cell, to 3/4, your snare to 5/6 and so on.
The only thing you have to do then is to activate these channels on Logic. As I'm not a Logic user, I can't tell you this is done in Logic.
But I found this with a quick google search:

"as for how you get your tracks set up in your daw, you'll have to rtfm I'm afraid; DAW specific.

in Logic you get a little + icon appears at the bottom of multi-out plugs giving you the option to open up additional inst aux's (you could do it manually also.

in Live you open an audio track & assign it to receive from the relevant midi track."

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/elec...-ni-battery-3-stereo-individual-outs-daw.html

So I guess you either do it with this "+" button and just activate st 3/4, st 5/6 etc. or you just make a new audio track and make sure that it receives the signal from st 3/4, or st 5/6 etc.
I guess this is the "+" button: http://macprovid.vo.llnwd.net/o43/hub/media/1001/738/step-3.png

I hope that you manage to figure it out.

Thanks for taking so much time to help me, but the big problem is there is no "st.3/4 or 5/6" recognized by the busses, new audio tracks, or anywhere. :/

Thanks for taking so much time to help me, but the big problem is there is no "st.3/4 or 5/6" recognized by the busses, new audio tracks, or anywhere. :/

I haven't used Battery in a while but make sure when you first select battery on the MIDI channel use multi output 8 stereo 8 mono or whatever you wanna use

Then route the cell you want to go to its own channel to St 3/4 or whatever

Then open the mixer and on the Battery channel you should see a + sign, this will open a new Aux track

I'm pretty sure this will help u out man

You have to setup a multi-output instance of Battery. After you've done that, open the mixer and locate the Battery channel strip. Notice the "+" sign in the bottom right corner? Click on this and it will create the multi-out instances of Battery. Now simply assign the output of your cells to these newly created multi-out instances.

Cheers.

EDIT: Sorry ^, didn't see someone had beaten me to the punch.

Back
Top Bottom