Music Theory

i took four semesters of advanced music theory at a music college in my state. theory, form and technique. analyzing old classical and jazz music and the like, so if you have any theory questions at all, pm me and ill be happy to answer.

I think most of the people saying you don't need theory, or that there are no rules, are lazy, unable or afraid of learning. They tend to hang out on forums and reinforce their own beliefs by jumping on theory threads and denouncing the value of theory.

i dont think you need to know about music theory and stuff behind it, you make music with your ears. some of the best stuff i have ever heard has come from people who cant read music.

i know about music theory having played clarinet to grade 8, but i wouldnt say that makes my tunes better than someone making tunes who has no musical background, its all about the individual and what comes from within

YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT MUSIC THEORY........ANYONE WHO TELLS YOU ANY DIFFERENT ARE FILLING YOUR MIND WITH STEAK N KIDNEY PIES MUSIC THEORY IS THE CORNERSTONE OF ANY MUSICAL MELODY/KEY/SONG AND PEOPLE WHO DISREGARD SHOULD BE SHOT IN THE NECK IMMEDIATELY..........HERE IS A PRIME EXAMPLE OF A MAN WHO KNOWS HIS MUSIC THEORY AND IS WILLING TO USE IT. ANYONE WHO THINKS MUSIC THEORY ISNT IMPORTANT SHOULD TAKE A LONG HARD LOOK AT THIS MAN AND SURELY THERE OPINION WILL CHANGE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYVZ...howthread.php?t=66619&feature=player_embedded

Back
Top Bottom