Mp3 speed change

MitsiMatty

Ive beat matched all my tracks to the same track and wrote down all the pitches changes does anyone know of a way to change the pitch of the track and re save the mp3. Id like to do this so i can just be faster and use my cue buttons on my usb/cdplayers to drop whole tracks without having to change the pitch by hand. Im using an android phone but seems quite hard....i can get access to a pc just wondering what people do? Dont know much about it yet

are you mixing from an android phone? or changing the tracks? pretty sure that you could do this in a DAW but never tried it myself, just learn to change the pitch by hand and you will become quicker at it, might as well be pressing sync buttons if you are just changing every song to the same BPM

Hi thanks nah my tracks are on my phone, i put them on usb sticks and plug them into my decks. Kam450usb. Whats a daw? Yeah i struggle to remember the pitch changes for each track so gotta go through loads of paper, i was also hoping to load tracks on the cue buttons to drop anytime? So like if i have both sides playing i can change one side quick? Do the big djs on 3 decks getting tunes in every 20secs still do the pitch changes as they play then? Im only mucking about for fun and only had them for a few months if my questions sound stupid lol

Hi thanks nah my tracks are on my phone, i put them on usb sticks and plug them into my decks. Kam450usb. Whats a daw? Yeah i struggle to remember the pitch changes for each track so gotta go through loads of paper, i was also hoping to load tracks on the cue buttons to drop anytime? So like if i have both sides playing i can change one side quick? Do the big djs on 3 decks getting tunes in every 20secs still do the pitch changes as they play then? Im only mucking about for fun and only had them for a few months if my questions sound stupid lol

you should be changing the pitch on each deck constantly until each tune is in time.. im not sure what you mean by the pitch changing on each track. rather than trying to start mixing three tunes into each other every 20 seconds try and actually learn your tracks, like really know what your listening too. don't rely on equipment to do this for you.. learn to mix two tracks together with just your ears. This is the best way to learn. you wont get the most out of mixing if you just want to mix tracks every 20 seconds like Andy C and the likes..

Personally if you want to learn properly put 5 tracks on each usb stick learn to mix each of those tracks with eachother.. record it, listen back, try again.. dont use sync buttons.

DAW = digital audio workstation, like ableton, logic etc (music production software)

regarding the mixing DJ's generally do beat match (change the pitch) themselves, half of the art of DJing is being able to beat match (and for me personally I enjoy beat matching, once you get it right feels good but does take ages to perfect) also I wouldn't really classify them as a "DJ" unless they ride the pitch themselves (no syncing or only using tunes at same BPM etc)

if you are doing it for fun though do whatever you enjoy mate

you should be changing the pitch on each deck constantly until each tune is in time.. im not sure what you mean by the pitch changing on each track. rather than trying to start mixing three tunes into each other every 20 seconds try and actually learn your tracks, like really know what your listening too. don't rely on equipment to do this for you.. learn to mix two tracks together with just your ears. This is the best way to learn. you wont get the most out of mixing if you just want to mix tracks every 20 seconds like Andy C and the likes..

Personally if you want to learn properly put 5 tracks on each usb stick learn to mix each of those tracks with eachother.. record it, listen back, try again.. dont use sync buttons.

and this haha, I learnt to mix having about 20 vinyls and countless hours learning them tunes inside out and learning how to beat match

Hi cheers for the replies. I am learning get the pitch dead right and get the speeds so perfect they run in time for at least 3 or 4 mins i am learning all my tracks so i am using my ears to do that, im having great fun doing it too. Once i have a +/- number for each track though you are saying dont try and remember just beat match every time? As every change is writen down i just move the pitch control to what ever i have written down and i know the speeds will be perfect. I was looking to modify the file so every tune the speeds match...i kinda get why im gonna get flamed for this. Im still matching them myself and doing the hard part just once. In my head its like having all your records repressed to the same speed???

Hi cheers for the replies. I am learning get the pitch dead right and get the speeds so perfect they run in time for at least 3 or 4 mins i am learning all my tracks so i am using my ears to do that, im having great fun doing it too. Once i have a +/- number for each track though you are saying dont try and remember just beat match every time? As every change is writen down i just move the pitch control to what ever i have written down and i know the speeds will be perfect. I was looking to modify the file so every tune the speeds match...i kinda get why im gonna get flamed for this. Im still matching them myself and doing the hard part just once. In my head its like having all your records repressed to the same speed???

yeah best thing to do is just beat match every time, once you have been mixing long enough you know where to roughly put the pitch on different tunes anyway, and if its a bit out just pitch ride it in, it helps say if you go up to mix, you have loads of new tunes but you don't know where to put the pitch because you don't know the BPM etc, also it will make you a better DJ and personally I get more enjoyment out of it mixing that way

Back
Top Bottom