Midnight Maneuvers 4

This slipped under the radar. What a nice start to a rainy Monday! :) Really smooth vibes jsmith, chilled with mild vocals. As Sicx said, almost didnt know where one track ended or began on some of the mixes. All was pretty seamless. Am also feeling every track on the aeolian ep, although could have felt that the tunes on side A could have been another 32 / 64 bars long & could have been a bit louder on vinyl, as I need to play the tunes about 3 notches up in volume on the mixer. Don't know about you or if you picked them up digitally? Anomalies is really nice tribally. Quite liked that as a contrast to the tunes before it. Loved the wooping bass in Visions rmx, tunes like that really float my boat & tend to compliment other tunes rather well. Not heard 80% of the tunes before, so that made it all the more sweet listening to them for the first time, mixed well. Liking the melodic tunes playing at 20 & 21mins (lost count of which tunes was playing by then, but still loving the mix). Thought the tune playing at 27 mins was sublime & really cinematic / atmospheric.... love the various layers in that tune :) + thought you mates tune was quality & a nice end to the mix, not too much at all. Going to give your MM2 mix a listen when I have an hour spare as there are a few tunes in there I really like & have. Wicked mix once again jsmith!

You are probably aware Two Fingers - Stunt Rhythms LP has just been released with 10 half-time dnb tunes on there, quite Om Unit-ish if you like his tunes.

This slipped under the radar. What a nice start to a rainy Monday! :) Really smooth vibes jsmith, chilled with mild vocals. As Sicx said, almost didnt know where one track ended or began on some of the mixes. All was pretty seamless. Am also feeling every track on the aeolian ep, although could have felt that the tunes on side A could have been another 32 / 64 bars long & could have been a bit louder on vinyl, as I need to play the tunes about 3 notches up in volume on the mixer. Don't know about you or if you picked them up digitally? Anomalies is really nice tribally. Quite liked that as a contrast to the tunes before it. Loved the wooping bass in Visions rmx, tunes like that really float my boat & tend to compliment other tunes rather well. Not heard 80% of the tunes before, so that made it all the more sweet listening to them for the first time, mixed well. Liking the melodic tunes playing at 20 & 21mins (lost count of which tunes was playing by then, but still loving the mix). Thought the tune playing at 27 mins was sublime & really cinematic / atmospheric.... love the various layers in that tune :) + thought you mates tune was quality & a nice end to the mix, not too much at all. Going to give your MM2 mix a listen when I have an hour spare as there are a few tunes in there I really like & have. Wicked mix once again jsmith!

You are probably aware Two Fingers - Stunt Rhythms LP has just been released with 10 half-time dnb tunes on there, quite Om Unit-ish if you like his tunes.

ah mate thanks for laying some thoughts down, appreciate it! i listened to the aeolian EP in sister ray and noticed the volume thing, so yeah went for digital instead (plus i'm being tight atm). big big release tho. yeah have a gander at 2 if you're free, similar vibes. i shall have to ckeck that two fingers LP, sounds class. cheers again :)

Back
Top Bottom