Midi Keyboard Talk.....Akai MPK or Novation Impulse ....... 25 or 49?

Discussion in 'Production' started by DNBWalshie, Oct 13, 2011.

1. DNBWalshie

DNBWalshie New Member

Hi, new to the forums, been browsing for a few days though. I am finally getting to having a decent starter set up and the final piece is the midi keyboard, I would really like a drum pad so I like the keyboards that incorporate a drum pad.

Just wondering what you guys use? I will be making all sorts of dance music from drum n bass to house.

Cheers, Walshie

2. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

49 is better. i have 25 and its just fine, in fact i really couldnt do without it. drum pads really doesnt matter to me, but im sure it could be fun. my mates got the akai mpk and its a good bit of kit but the keys are miniature. dont know the novation stuff but they are usually good, some have a funny little rolling ball controller too.

3. Innovine

Innovine Active Member

Go for 49. You might not play keyboard now, but you never will if you get less than 49.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  4. lostnthesound

lostnthesound Burns Easily in the Sun

I've got the Novation SL 25 MKii and love it. The Automap software is what sold me, as I rarely have to do any manual mapping of the knobs/faders/etc. Honestly, I do wish I went for the 49, but 25 gets the job done for now.