Menosance - Limiting Factor

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Menosance, May 29, 2015.

1. Menosance

Menosance aka OSOI

Hi there lads,

So sorry for the abrupt post, but what do you think about this one? Went all out minimal :D

or try here if the above one doesn't work:
    soundcloud[DOT]com/menosance/ecachia94gmailcom-menosance-limiting-factor/s-Hn89Q (just cope & paste, since it is still coming up as an embedded SC lol)

Thanks in advance. All critique is much welcomed and appreciated :)

Much Love, Meno xx

2. lasiien

lasiien Meh

Not like you to go all out minimal ;)

Have been listening to your tracks and think you've come on a great deal. Bass is a bit overpowering in places for me actually which don't think I would have said to you before (high notes mostly, very subby!). Drums are perfect, very nice ! :) Has a really cool lead/click that I think is very you, keep developing it imo ! Pads could be a bit louder when they come in. Hope that helps Meno :)

3. Menosance

Menosance aka OSOI

Thanks Lasiien! :)

Yes, the mix does need some volume adjustments. The thing is that I don't know where to take it next. It does feel that there is something missing but I don't know what or what can I change to 'fill that gap' whilst trying to keep it minimal. Thanks for great critique lad :D

More members are welcomed to comment on it tho who wants to!

4. Vanden

Vanden -nieuwenhuysen

I like what you're going for here. Nice use of glitches as percussion, I think it maybe needs a shaker or something to keep it rolling and to give it some highs. Big fan of the pads and atmosphere you've got here, you've nailed that. Some more development on the lead/click would be cool too. Good work mate

5. Menosance

Menosance aka OSOI

Thanks Vanden, sorry for the late reply, but I have been really busy with no time to dedicate to my productions :( .I do agree that it needed new minute sounds thrown in the mix. Anyway here is a new more moving version of the same track. Take a look if you want to :)

https://soundcloud. com/menosance/ecachia94gmailcom-menosance-limiting-factor/s-Assbd

6. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

7. Menosance

Menosance aka OSOI

Just remove the space between the dot and the com. I can't post the proper link since it is a private track and it would show up as a embedded SC link.

Let me post it like I did originally.

https://soundcloud[DOT]com/menosance/ecachia94gmailcom-menosance-limiting-factor/s-Assbd

8. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

Ahh thank you,
    The track is classic you. The mix is sounding good. You just need more variation/movement/ evolution of your sounds, not to much obviously.