Me, and a bunch of kids

Discussion in 'Members Mixes' started by Afek_One, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Afek_One

Afek_One Well-Known Member

So... this is a live mix I did at a party for a bunch of pill poppin, drop loving kids They were a lot of fun. I never expected it, but they loved it. It's sloppy. There are heavy effects, but it's me playing live. It went off so much better than I expected. I haven't listened back yet and I know there's some big fuck ups. I played on CDJs/Traktor/X1. Lots of effects and lots of cue dropping.

Synkro - Transient
    Red Army - Brevity Code
    Skeptical - Offline
    Overlook - Persona
    Clarity - Talk Back
    Bredren - Jungle Fever
    Calibre - Deep Orca
    Synkro feat Indigo - Mutual Divide
    George Commix - Ghost Loops
    Subtension - Break and Go
    Bredren - Homasu
    Ruffhouse - The Max Headroom Intrusion
    Loxy and Isotone - Burden
    Xtrah and DLR - Direct Approach
    Red Army - Creature Dub
    Kimyan Law - Copperclock
    Klute - Natural Observer
    Bredren - LRC
    Dub Phizix - Bounce
    Clarity - Cryptic
    Hidden Turn - Dream of Tron

2. Lorre

Lorre Active Member

Paused the mix I was listening, putting this on right now, will let you know what I think of it!

Really liking is so far, 12 mins in, this a tune! 13-14min mark, those chords are totally my thing, smoothly mixed in. Then the amens.

Ooooh, Deep Orca & those piano notes

Subtension - Break & Go, well played in there.

Xtrah & DLR tune fits neatly in there, havent heard that many of the FX you were talking about, though (which is a good thing)

40 mins in, yessir, breaks -> piano, I have a soft spot for such transitions & then Natural Observer comes in right on time. This might just be my fav part of the mix.

Overall, really liked the mix! Good job man.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
    Afek_One likes this.
  3. Afek_One

I was doing a lot of flanges into drops. They sound good and the house kids love it I hope you like the mix. I just listened back and I really liked it. It's a minimal/party mix... if that makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm bigging up my own mix, not because it's a great mix. This is everything I LOVE about dnb.

4. Lorre

Lorre Active Member

Safe man, I love most of the DnB spectrum. Tech, breaks, minimal or whatever subgenre's people like to name 'em. I enjoyed the mix & that's what matters.

Also, nothing wrong with bigging up your own mix. Keep doing what you love, you're doing good.

Afek_One likes this.
  5. beknoxx

beknoxx 7/11 7/11

Dope mix Afek! You got some balls for dropping some of those at a show ha ha. If i would have played a couple of those in my city it would have cleared the floor sadly enough.

I really enjoyed this one mang!

Afek_One likes this.
  6. Afek_One

I planned on playing a bunch of rollers, but I was kind of drunk and was like, "fuck it. I'm playing what I want."

7. beknoxx

beknoxx 7/11 7/11

ha ha thats wassup mang! I think i told you before that has always been my problem with shows! I will play a set like yours and clear the floor and then some house dj will get up there and everybody will be going off ha ha....but fuck it i go home happy!