MCR- MURKAGE w/ 16-BIT & GHETTO (LIVE)

mrmurkage

This is without doubt going to be off the chain!

Get tickets online here: http://www.skiddle.com/events/11363541/

funnily enough, WhateverTheWeather Records are putting out a 16-Bit/Ghetts collaboration soon, we didn't know this when we booked this lineup though!! more details on this shortly....

GHETTS

“I’m not that ‘Ghetto’ person anymore,” Ghetts proclaims about his name change from his previous street moniker. “I’ve grown out of it.” At 24 years of age, Justin Clarke is finally maturing into the artist he has always strived to be; or ‘Grime star’ as he puts it.

At the age of 14 Ghetts visited a day time rave in Leyton to see the Heartless Crew. The experience cemented his ambition to make it in the music world. With a street buzz steadily growing, Ghetts developed a relationship with fellow Nasty Crew member Kano who had just begun promotion for his major label debut ‘Home Sweet Home’. Featuring on two of the tracks from the disc, including the single ‘Typical Me’, Kane took G on the promotional merry go round for the album that included taking part in tours with Nas and The Streets, as well as opening up for Juelz Santana in New York and performing at the MOBO Awards.

Wanting to be recognised as an artist in his own right and whilst also dispelling myths that he could only make angry songs; ‘Ghetto Gospel’ was filled with tracks that discussed the pitfalls of living in a deprived area as well as dedicating tracks to his best friend and his mother. “She cried when I first played it for her”.

In September 2007 the video for 'Top 3 Selected' from the album Ghetto Gospel was aired on Channel U. He also featured on videos with Kano, The Streets, and Professor Green.
In September 2008, Ghetts released a video for his single Sing 4 Me (produced by Rude Kid). This was then followed by two further videos, one for Don't Phone Me (feat. Griminal and produced by Nocturnal), and the second for a remix to Sing For Me (produced by Rude Kid), which was first aired end of 2008/beginning of 2009.

In a recent interview, Ghetts revealed that his album will be called "Rebel With A Cause", and before that will be a short mixtape titled "Calm Before The Storm". Ghetts is currently working on his debut album, which is to be released in 2010.

http://www.myspace.com/ghettomc

16-BIT

This dubstep duo have rapidly risen up the ranks in 2009 with their highly flexible production policy. From the angriest, dirtiest, gore-step, to the most blissed out sub bass two-step, these kids have got it the game on lock. Their tracks have garnered support from Chef, Rusko and even Kissy Sell Out; with releases on Sequence, Boka Records, Urban Essentials, and their own label Dub & Run.

Their 'Exploding Fist EP' is essential listening for any dubstep fan, whether a newbie or a veteran. Expect them to literally tear down the walls when they land at Murkage this March.

http://www.myspace.com/16bitmusic

THURSDAY 25TH MARCH 2010
----------------------
MURKAGE : CHAINSAW MOVEMENT
----------------------
16-BIT (CHAINSAW CALLIGRAPHY)
GHETTS (THE MOVEMENT)
DIALOG
PHAZE-ONE

MURKAGE in association with Boxfresh
=====================
=====================
Now Weekly Thursdays @ No. 1 Club
(formerly known as One Central Street)
Fully Refurbished. New Bouncers. New Sound.
======================
======================

======================
======================
DUBSTEP / ELECTRO / HOUSE /
HIPHOP / DRUM&BASS / JUNGLE /
UK GARAGE / UK FUNKY / 90s R&B /
BALTIMORE / KUDURO / GRIME
& SLOW JAMZ

HOSTED BY MURKAGE DAVE
======================
======================