Mass - State of Mind

Mass

B.D.S
Ive been producing now for a while but this is my first go at D&B.

Im about half way through it but just wanted some feedback as I think it's going quite well.

Thanks if you can be arsed to listen, I put it on ZSHARE STREAMING AUDIO so it would be as quick and easy as possible.

Kind of dark moody Neuro feel to it.

FIRST DRAUGHT >>

http://www.zshare.net/audio/67357191fcf51f6b/

EDIT:

SECOND DRAUGHT >>

http://www.zshare.net/audio/67448406ce1b5694/

^^ I HAVE ADDED MORE ELEMENTS TO IT NOW, STILL NOT SURE ABOUT THE BREAK THOUGH....

ANY FEEDBACK WELCOME.

Last edited:
Sounds good for half finished. Nice and dark.
You could add a shaker type sound (8th notes) under the beat lightly to tie it together a bit. Just something that I could 'hear' while I listened.
Definitely room for some more bits, but it would probably sound good being quite minimal too.

soundcloud is streaming, so most people can listen right away. no download. i hate downloading because my time on this forum is limited (work, life, producing) and i imagine everyone else is pretty busy too. if i only have a few minutes to check the forum, the downloads are the first to get ignored. also, i know the windows boys are always wary of downloading.

unfortunately, you will have to get used to "20 views and only 1 comment." there's one on the front page right now, 938 views and 17 responses. another with 275 and only 13 comments. such is the life of a dnbforum member...

The thing is just because a thread is viewed doesn't mean that it is listened too.. I clicked it because it said 'State of Mind' and being a huge fan I thought it was maybe a link to a sick tune someone had discovered. I don't produce just dj, so my feedback wont be very relevent... But I thought I would jst explain that sometimes people just clicked the thread title to thread the content with no intention of listening to whatever.

It's no hard feeling to you at all.

soundcloud is streaming, so most people can listen right away. no download. i hate downloading because my time on this forum is limited (work, life, producing) and i imagine everyone else is pretty busy too. if i only have a few minutes to check the forum, the downloads are the first to get ignored. also, i know the windows boys are always wary of downloading.

z share is streaming, that was the idea.

but if peeps didnt know that then i can see where your coming from.

Theres not enough going on at all. The beat is disjointed. The atmospherics are kinda cool, but theres nothing actually happening.

sub is big on this intro :)

this sounds more like moody minimal to me

bit too slow for my tastes persoanlly, but compared to the minimal shit im hearing around atm this is niiiiice n mooody man!

good effort bro, beats sounding pretty crisp too

It has alot of character and the production values are quite nice! keep on grinding and you will smack it on the head soon enough mate!

Theres not enough going on at all. The beat is disjointed. The atmospherics are kinda cool, but theres nothing actually happening.

Yeh Im sorting the beat out a bit I know what you mean about the disjointed sound. should have it sorted soon.

And the Idea was to keep it minimal like zeal said so even when it's finished it's not gonna be a tear out kind of tune.

appreciate the feedback though It's given me a few things to think about.

cheers.

sub is big on this intro :)

this sounds more like moody minimal to me

bit too slow for my tastes persoanlly, but compared to the minimal shit im hearing around atm this is niiiiice n mooody man!

good effort bro, beats sounding pretty crisp too

Nice 1 Zeal coming from you thats a Huge compliment. :not_worth

Take the main drum sound out of it, just leave the percussion if you know what i mean my advice is limited, i think you should work from it thjat way to make a tune out of it.

Back
Top Bottom