MACHETE ON RADIO ONE

....and to all the people being gay and saying that Radio 1 should stay away from dnb 'cos its all underground ..innit'.. need to get a life. lol. Its really really good for the scene as a whole to have great exposure and its keeps people in business. Im sure that Hazard and Blame wont be complaining from the publishing cash and increased sales they will get from it.

There's not a negative thing about it. people complain there isn't enough money in dnb from vinyl sales and other factors. huge commercial radio djs playing songs from our scene can only be a good thing and will ultimately improve the financial situation of dnb. Like riisu said Ram will be laughing at the end of the year whilst I still think they will keep they're feet on the ground and produce quality music unlike pendulum.

Last edited:
:word:

not syaing ram are going to sell out and start signing anything. i think all dnb labels are pretty grounded, and it's not going to be like some emo explosion all over again. the shit will simply not get through, and only the good will prevail.

i think that's where dnbs different from a lot of scenes. quality is not compromised for cash.

I'm well pissed off, We listen to radio 1 all day at work and I'm yet to hear it
the closest we get is wen I hear the cringing 'spanish guitar' intro of propane nightmares, cant beleive they play that shit everyday, what makes it worse is dickheads like edith bowman and jo wiley sayin 'i love a bit of dnb' after they play it, makes me angry that this wank is representin our scene.

Im sure Pendulum like their music being label as Drum n Bass as much as we do...
It's a big step forward tho, I mean Machete being played on radio. I've played that tune to a couple of people who dont listen to DnB, some like it, some think its just noise, some where probably hiding their views to keep me happy. I dont really know where I'm going with this, but its not the easiest listening tune in the DnB world and for it to reach radio is a big achievement for DnB as a whole

Things can only get better... (y)

i hope your right because it does look like it could go that way, thats what anoys me and makes me think it should stay how it was.

One thing is that how ever commertial it might get it wont effect the raves which is what i love most from dnb

its great that they are starting to play stuff other than pendulum, literally if u listen to zane lowe, he'll play at least 3 dnb songs a night. this time last year you'd be lucky if he played blood sugar. Now youve got hazard, sub focus, TC, danny byrd, adam f, clipz, mutated forms and shit loads of other stuff getting played. he's been getting loads of positive feedback bout it aswell. so expect more.

just heard 'p-nightmares again' on radio 1,
wish thered play the vip (I think it is) well the version that el hornet playes wen hes djin, it hasnt got th guitar intro and its got proper drums, and this techy bit (that reminds me slightly of the vault).
know what I mean ?

oh and a few weeks/month ago I heard the high contrast version of axwells 'found out' in the middle of the day on radio 1.

So yeah its defo breakin through onto the mainstream playlists

yeh a lady friend at college said that she heard it last week on there....obviously didnt believe her (she's blonde....probably on acid)

big up to radio 1....maybe we'll start hearing more DnB on there and not that pathetic excuse they call pendulum

you cant call pendulum dnb anymore its been years sinse they produced anything worth listening to

I'm well pissed off, We listen to radio 1 all day at work and I'm yet to hear it
the closest we get is wen I hear the cringing 'spanish guitar' intro of propane nightmares, cant beleive they play that shit everyday, what makes it worse is dickheads like edith bowman and jo wiley sayin 'i love a bit of dnb' after they play it, makes me angry that this wank is representin our scene.

haha i know what ya mean iv heard it 3 times already today. this is why drum and bass should not go mainstream cause the stuff that does paints a prety shit picture of the scene. :banana:

Agree its good to hear more dnb on radio but even so Zane Lowe just makes me cringe when I hear him talking about it. And as for Scott Mills.....

Agree its good to hear more dnb on radio but even so Zane Lowe just makes me cringe when I hear him talking about it. And as for Scott Mills.....

Also his taste in dnb is shit, last night spent about 10 minutes goin on about how good basline smiths 'everybody pump' is.

The intro is quality, but its one of the most cringin tunes around.

I'm all for dnb being promoted on radio 1 and being mainstream, but if your only goin to play a few tunes, at least make them good.

I was listeing to Radio 1 today, for the first time in ages. I would of been while shocked if machete come on lol. I don't usaly listen to radio, to much crap on there. They should play Original Sin power of ra remix see what people think of that. Good to know DnB geting bit more recongisned.

i was in the gym and they played machete on radio1.
made my evening!! the looks on all the big hench dudes face when i was ravin away in the middle of the gym was priceless.

i thing bringing DnB to the mainstream is great cos it means we get to hear it more often.
and more people with musical influences outside DnB will start producing which will expand the genre.

personally im chuffed for hazard that his tunes are getting the recognition he deserves. its taken him a while to perfect the sound and hes produced some quality music over the last few years. however i do hope it doesnt attract a load of 15 year old girls covered head to toe in uv paint and glow sticks to raves like you would see at a pendulum gig. big up hazard tho, legend.

doesnt bother me too much, but if i saw people at one nation covered in uv paint and 'nu raving' i'd expect them to get some unwanted and unfriedly attention from the twats who cause trouble. i seriously cant imagine people coated in uv raving away to machete, cowards or any other gritty killer, you'd simply look like a twat. To be honest i'd think it might be bit too much for most people who dont follow dnb..

i'm all for pushing the scene forward, i'm always forcin dnb on mates, car stereo hijack biznus!

for the last few years its always been set to blow open soon but personally i think the current "limp" promotion isnt helping
mainstream music still hasnt fully grasped the concept of mixing and 4 n half minutes of instrumental tunes is quite boring, most generic house has enough lyrics to keep ppl happy
if they are going to continue jus playing dnb like any other single they need to be playing decent lyrical tunes, (hurt you, system remix, duppy man, everyman etc. ) and personally i think high contrast is the man to take dnb to the mainstream
i'd rather they played a cpl of minimixes during the day, and they,ve got the technology to bash out ten tunes in five minutes

i dont think you can fully appreciate dnb until u appreciate the mix

Back
Top Bottom