M-Audio AV40's

DanDnB

Bass and Drums
I started a thread a couple days ago about the AV40s because I wanted to buy a set for my wife for her casual listening.

I read only good reviews on them, so I went to the store to have a listen and they only had the AV20s on the stand. So I told the guy to crack open the AV20s, the 40s shouldnt be THAT much different.

The 20s sounded great for a little 20 watt system.

I ordered the 40's and just installed them now and I am listening to some choons.

well they are good, i think for the money they are borderline worth it.

Couple of problems, this may be a mistake ON MY part, but I used a 1/8" headphone jack output to RCA. This is noisy as a motherfucker, it picks up everything, even a fart makes these things pop.

I dont know if i should go 1/8" to dual 1/4", but the popping is sorta very frequent. Like if i open a new internet browser window or do some intensive task they will initiate with a pop. My KRKs never did that and they were hooked up 1/8" to dual 1/4".. WTF?

anyway, they sound great, I have to give them that.

Highs are little to peircy but i think thats because im sitting in the corner of a room and im getting some serious reverb. They tend to be more fatiguing than my KRK's. But then again the KRKs are known for their low fatiguing characteristics.

Anyway, good speakers, worth the money but just barely.

Someone chime in if you know something about these speakers, or, in fact if the audio wire that clips into the back has some ghostly way of preventing the pop (these speakers dont split, they are chain speakers that are connected through audio cable clips, yknow what i mean?)

Easy dudes.

EDIT: I just hooked up my KRK cables 1/8" to 1/4" and it sounds WAY WAY FUCKING BETTER FUCK.

The difference is stupid, kids use 1/4"....

Last edited:
Ok after putting them to good use during our party, we all had a good time. I even got some compliments on the speakers, they do sound very good.

I have no complaints. The problem I mentioned earlier was because of the RCA cables.

Back
Top Bottom