Logic8 vs. Cubase4.5

onelightmind

Been sitting on the sidelines far too long...

I have an intel imac dual core 2.4 4gigs ram and also a pc intel core 2 quad 1066fsb 8mb l2 cache 6gigs ram

I suppose I have the freedom of choice when it comes to getting started...but i think the pc has 7.1 channel sound card as a plus and is probably faster, but is Vista and IS a bit quircky and memory hungry despite what microsoft is putting out there (wifi always drops out and doesn't fix until restarted) all I use it for so far is the BlueRay player....SO:

Logic 8 or Cubase 4.5 as these two, after reading a bit, seem to be the premier platforms to learn and expand on.

As I have read each has their advantages and disadvantages and I don't have the slightest clue. Any help is appreciated.

personally, for me, its gotta be logic, but you should find a mate who's got the software and have a go on it, see which one you prefer working on and get that

There's very little to split the two, to be honest. I've used both Logic and Cubase and what swung it for me was the upward compatibility of Reason to Cubase (as Steinberg helped develop Reason). But if I was starting out from scratch I would have been just as happy with Logic. In fact I would have got Logic, purely because then the only difference would be that more of my mates use Logic so they'd be able to help me with it when stuck.

tarranjoe... first off that picture of the smashed car is awesome

Well I don't have any friends producing so I'm stuck there. Cubase LE comes free with the purchase of a Lexicon Omega USB device which may be a good place to begin($199.00), however I usually like to buy the correct gear first instead of buying the wrong gear only to spend more later. Cubase LE can be upgraded for $500, but I suppose the entire program can be purchased off ebay for $300 or so while Logic Studio 8, bundle is like $450.

Back
Top Bottom