Live performance

miszt

BASSFACE Royale
VIP Junglist
Is there much 'Live' stuff about in DnB? Its quite popular in the psy scene, by live I mean on-the-fly remixing and performance of a producers own stuff, usually via a laptop, ableton live and a controller or two (using APC is a hell of allot of fun!). I've seen Noisia listed as 'Live' and Live PA before, but no idea what that label might mean in the dnb scene...

seen a few dnb bands (double negative and subsource gotta be my favorites), but otherwise it all seems to be dj sets...?

Ableton Live is definitely the best thing for live "producing" or "composing" and "on the fly". Cool thing is they sell the intro version for only $100, which i quickly jumped for instead of finding a serial and getting it from a torrent, YAY FOR ME!

I set up my KORG padKONTROL so i have at-least a few scenes of individual notes, none repeating. Then spend some time placing in pre-made loops (i don't have allot, but they useful) and making launch sequences that can flow together. (change the toggle mode to "next") Then map your midi controller to the clips you want to launch with the specified button.

i've been doing this with an few Ahmen loops i found, a google search with get you millions for free. (theres a huge folder of them somewhere)

once you have a drum decent length drum pattern that you like, add a bass/reese (303 acid synth is good too). Make a midi sequence ahead of time, then just fuck around with you digital synth using the mouse.

just flow it, and get ableton (it automatically beat matches/tempo matches everything for you)

youtube is also good if you don't like my advise, or just make you own style

Back
Top Bottom