( LIQUID ) take it all away - evasion new mixdown

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by EvezDroppin, Jun 19, 2010.

1. EvezDroppin

EvezDroppin .

ez guys. have been trying hard to get the mixdown right ( have posted previous version before) with this track and its definately improved but if you could let me know of any tweaks u think i should make and let me know if u like the track too, would be much appreciated :)
    saaafety!

http://soundcloud.com/jack-evasion-evo/take-it-all-away-1

if ud like a 320 then add me on aim jackevo1989 :)

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010

2. EvezDroppin

EvezDroppin .

3. Sammy Dexcell

Sammy Dexcell Stop editing my profile Smarty!

Theres some really good ideas here man im feelin the arrangement of the melodies playin off the bass, the drums could do with a prominant loop over the top as wat you got there is really good fillers, i just feel the kick an the snare arent bringin it all together for me.
    Keep at it tho man, liking what im hearin mate!
    Safety!

4. EvezDroppin

EvezDroppin .

Yeh i was finally happy with the elements of the percussion i had but i agree in the fact a break would definately fill it out. I'll see what i can do, thanks for checking mate!

5. luciduk

luciduk Active Member

damn you must have spent ages working on this one now breh! drums are definatly sounding better than last time i listened, it just needs a little break or splash in there to make the beat roll slightly better, maybe even just some hi hats would make a difference, but for me the drums are still sounding dry. the track melody is strong tho

6. EvezDroppin

EvezDroppin .

haha yeah man, well i dnt get an awful lot of time to produce with work n that so while the amount of hours may not be many the days spent on it is ageees!
    iv got some hats in there just too quiet i think.. added a break late last night and it rolls alot nicer.. drums dry as in ud prefer a splashier snare etc?!
    thanks for checking mate :)

7. EvezDroppin

EvezDroppin .

8. Krispy

Krispy Member

I like it except my one problem with it is when you introduce the wobble sound (3:38) it just sounds a tad loud at first, but then as it starts wobbling more and sounding more then it sounds good and more in place
    just the initial wobble is a bit wierd

again this wierd wobble is at 4:25 and also earlier in the song

Otherwise I like it and I like the little stringed instrument thing you got going on at the beginning and break

9. EvezDroppin

EvezDroppin .

thanks man, have made a few adjustments.. gna stick up a 320 for anyone whos interested.. wudnt have got it where it is without constant hagglin everyone on here so only right to put it up!!
    big up!

---------- Post added at 16:50 ---------- Previous post was at 16:33 ----------

http://soundcloud.com/jack-evasion-evo/take-it-all-away-2

download available!