Liquid dnb production help

BreezeBlock

Hey Guys.

I've been spending the last few weeks experimenting with mix down techniques and attempting to get that punch and weight in the mix while maintaining space, clarity and separation between elements.

The mix downs im talking about can be heard from the likes of fred v, Grafix, brookes brothers, danny byrd etcetcetcetcetcetcetcetc

So here the track - http://soundcloud.com/breeze-block/breeze-block

Obviously every producers ears are incredibly sensitive to their own production which is why i'm asking to lend your ears.
please highlight any issues with the mix down and give advice on how to achieve a good mix!

Will look forward to some geniuses telling me what i'm doing wrong
(not looking for a magic answer, but a point in the right direction would be more than appreciated)

doesnt sound to bad, a little to much top end maybe, and drums a little to big in the mix, vocals sound nicely placed and clear, drums are pretty clean and punchy, bass could b fatter, sounds are all pretty clear, except the top end is a little mushy, shakers and hats esp, just need to tweek a bit more

this might help http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php?120686-Mixdown-Tips&p=1025177#post1025177

ur not far off tho, nice track (use the feedback section next time ;)

Last edited:
I've been spending the last few weeks experimenting with mix down techniques and attempting to get that punch and weight in the mix while maintaining space, clarity and separation between elements.

Same here, but instead of few weeks, my entire life.

Really, really liking this track! Despite a list of rather generic influences you've really put your own shine on this, and it's got that sort of soulful magic deep in the mix somewhere. Nice, hella nice.

I seem to say this to everybody, but I'd like to see more variation in the percussion, some random elements every now and then. It's very just - boom tss, boomtss, if you get me. Give it some life.

Favorited and followed, love it mate.

Back
Top Bottom