Kicks & Snares

Freezz

Hey guys!

I make liquid drum & bass and I always have an incredibly hard time finding good kick & snare samples. Snares are most of the time still ok to find but kicks is just absolute hell... I don't know which sample packs I should buy to have good base kick samples... I have VEC 2 & 3 but they all have way too powerful trancy and hard style kick, utter shit for my style :( I have a load of free samples but most of these are either FX & percussion or very poorly processed kicks!

Any suggestions that might solve this problem?

Jari

danny byrd, nu:tone sample packs are amazing. Vengeance makes packs for house and club shit that has great samples as well. VST addictive drums, amazing for drum processing.

but mind you its also about the FX chain etc. but that should get you started

Ok! I already have the danny byrd one, i'm gonna look at the nu-tone one! I know about the FX Chains, but a great source sample is key right?

Thx for the tips (especially the drum vst!)

well you can EQ the vengeange drum samples to taste too. also i would recommend fracture's drum samples too from loopmasters :p

K-TEE SHOGUN VOL. 2

TRUST.

ALSO, if you buy a drum VST, get Slate drums. Ridiculous.

EDIT: I bought addictive drums a few years ago, used it in all my tunes, then got Slate drums and it kills Addictive. So good.

Last edited:
Thanks for the many great tips! :) Fracture is one i was looking i have been looking out for quite a time... Just got myself dnb vol 6 by london elektricity and it is awesome

How about sampling your own stuff? There are tons of sources out there.

I have sampled the children toy drum of my son. After lots of editing and layering the different samples i have recorded, I have mapped them in Drumracks of Ableton Live and can now layer, edit and shape them how I want. Also a good step to get your "own" sound. I can always only encourage everybody to try and do this - its lots of work but worth in the end.

My 2 cents from a forumnoob :D

i know this sounds corny but have you ever tried to synthesize you own kicks and snares? you could do wonders..

i know this sounds corny but have you ever tried to synthesize you own kicks and snares? you could do wonders..

What's funny is I use to shit on the idea of synthesizing kicks...However, after learning how to create a really clean sub kick via Massive, it really opened my eyes to possibilities. I find myself now layering a low cut organic kick on top of the synthesized one with much success. To add, synthesizing your own kick enables you to accurately tune your kick and bass non-destructively.

Back
Top Bottom