Jwoods Summer mix

nice to see you popping up again on here man!

ha yeah some sun would be nice to go with the tl, hopefully we'll get lucky at some point soon...

cheers for checking man, sort a mix out yourself! you and teddy are both slacking :(

there will be one before you know it, new records on the way :D

This was a sick mix, absolutely rolling man. I've been absolutely rinsing Villem - Hush so was nice to see that in there, better than the flip imo. Also really great to see Survival - Mistakes, another really lovely vocal track that doesnt get played enough. Cant fault the mixing at all as well man, everything seemed super smooth to me! Nice one

thanks a lot for the kind words man :) yeah hush is such a good tune, only got it a few weeks ago, so so nice. cheers again for checking mate, remind when your mixes pop up, they always seem to do the job (y)

there will be one before you know it, new records on the way :D

excellent!

On it, tracklist looks great
cheers man, hope you enjoy it

class all the way through james, just about perfection eq'ing / beatmatching wise and there were some really well executed blends like redlines into hush, the transition in the vocals was so good. why i havent picked up hush yet i don't know. was a bit skeptical seeing the can of cancun tease but it was pretty buff you pulled that off so well, nice seeing scale it back in there too track is raw. the whole mix is a really good representation of what's good right now with the standard classics like melanie. well thought out this one man, your sets are so on point nowadays :)

cheers smarts, need to grab your latest one actually, i'm getting slack at keeping up with member mixes at the mo, all these bloody established artists putting mixes out left right and centre!

Big stuff, J! I think I've been listening to this one almost nonstop for the past few days, and will continue to when I take a holiday soon. Can't really talk about technical ability except for the fact that its certainly improved since I first starting listening to your mixes! Lots of funky mixes that I would never try myself but you were able to bravely make happen, and I really appreciate hearing how nicely EQed everything was. Some parts worth mentioning are... definitely that opening with The Rain. Beautiful business there. Also loved the vibe from Hush >>> Melanie (an alltime fav of mine), mixed lovely into the Stay Remix. That tease of Nightflight was sexy too right there. Big fan of Notting Hill in the mix as well, and while I liked how the mix kinda chilled out near the end there, I wasn't too keen on Au Revior Blackbird at the end there. Something about that tune just seemed to really undo the vibe at the end. Maybe the drum pattern? I don't know. Nevertheless, save for that, I was exceedingly happy with the whole thing. I just let it finish and hit repeat immediately. Staying on the pod for quite a bit, this one!

Big stuff, J! I think I've been listening to this one almost nonstop for the past few days, and will continue to when I take a holiday soon. Can't really talk about technical ability except for the fact that its certainly improved since I first starting listening to your mixes! Lots of funky mixes that I would never try myself but you were able to bravely make happen, and I really appreciate hearing how nicely EQed everything was. Some parts worth mentioning are... definitely that opening with The Rain. Beautiful business there. Also loved the vibe from Hush >>> Melanie (an alltime fav of mine), mixed lovely into the Stay Remix. That tease of Nightflight was sexy too right there. Big fan of Notting Hill in the mix as well, and while I liked how the mix kinda chilled out near the end there, I wasn't too keen on Au Revior Blackbird at the end there. Something about that tune just seemed to really undo the vibe at the end. Maybe the drum pattern? I don't know. Nevertheless, save for that, I was exceedingly happy with the whole thing. I just let it finish and hit repeat immediately. Staying on the pod for quite a bit, this one!

i agree about au revoir blackbird, i just like the tune and wanted to wing it in, turns out it didn't end too well... oh dear

massive appreciation for checking and the feedback man, makes it worthwhile posting the mixes up seeing people enjoy it (y)

Back
Top Bottom