Drum & Bass Jump Up Track would like some feedback

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Tone1304, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Tone1304

Tone1304 Member

i would like to know what kind of sounds to use as an intro and for the break as i am getting quite stuck, any other feed back would be great cheers. and i the sub bass probably isn't at the right level, i can't really tell because i'm mixing with headphones at the moment.

2. nusphere

nusphere Member

Needs much more variation sounds like the same 4 bar loop repeated.

3. Spinscott

Spinscott New Member

Cool so far, and I can relate to the challenges of headphone mixing! As for drums in the intro, it sometimes works well to use modified versions of your main drum samples. Chop off a bit of the attack, increase the decay, and bit-reduce or filter them. Using those smaller drums in the intro give a hint of what's to follow, and when they come in full during the main track its a great release. (I've done this with some of the amen and collins drums before, and it seems to keep people interested to hear what happens next). BTW, if you are using headphones, I can recommend the Beyerdynamic 770 Pros. A bit pricey, but a really good flat sound!

4. Tone1304

Tone1304 Member

Thanks for the feedback I will definitly try the thing with the drums, my drums are layered so I think I might take out one of the layers and maybe distort them a little, I usally use speakers but I just had a burst of creativness at 1 in the morning so I had to use headphones