Jubei Interview - In-Reach Mag

InReach

At Outlook festival this summer, the eagerly awaited and imminent release of Jubei’s debut LP ‘To Have & Have Not’ was signalled by ‘Jubei’ labelled champagne bottles on the Metalheadz boat party… I think as an indicator of something exciting stirring, this definitely set the precedent!

Jubei’s long-standing musical relationship with Metalheadz kicked off back in 2010 with his debut Headz EP ‘Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained’. And it seems from this point onwards through a string of extremely successful releases and collaborations, Jubei has become one of the most prominent and highly regarded artists in the scene.

‘To Have & Have Not’ finally dropped a few weeks ago, and after a long few months of being desperate to get my hands on it, I have to say it absolutely delivers! Drawing on a range of different styles, Jubei expertly cultivates beats of varying bpm. ‘To Have & Have Not’ is an album encompassed of all of the technical intricacy and innovative flair we’ve come to associate with Jubei. Citing techno as a key influence growing up, Jubei’s work frequently references techno inspired industrialism. And in a similar narrative, ‘To Have & Have Not’ is an embodiment of dark and mechanical vibes. Comprised entirely of the forward-thinking twists and turns that make each tune by Jubei an entirely compelling and engrossing musical journey, this is a well crafted album that I would highly recommend.

Here’s what happened when we caught up with him… http://in-reach.co.uk/jubei-interview/

jubei2-620x400.jpg

Back
Top Bottom