iPhone production tools....

vicious-beats

...gimmicks or useful?

Just wondering if any of the producers on here would recommend getting an iPhone for the various apps that computer music mag keeps praising, can't remember the exact ones offhand.

Its new phone time, not a big apple fan, not keen on the iphone in general really, but might bite the bullet for this reason alone if it was useful. I'm thinking synth tweaking on the throne, at desk in work etc :D.

Any thoughts?

How do you get the sounds off them, are they vst i.e no use to me in reason as a plugin, but exportable to audio?

Last edited:
...gimmicks or useful?

Just wondering if any of the producers on here would recommend getting an iPhone for the various apps that computer music mag keeps praising, can't remember the exact ones offhand.

Its new phone time, not a big apple fan, not keen on the iphone in general really, but might bite the bullet for this reason alone if it was useful. I'm thinking synth tweaking on the throne, at desk in work etc :D.

Any thoughts?

How do you get the sounds off them, are they vst i.e no use to me in reason as a plugin, but exportable to audio?

That says to me dont get the phone? Can't see anything that runs on a phone being greatly useful, but thats just my opinion, not used any of these here apps.

yes! if you feel the same way about dragging a mouse accross a screen and using a keyboard to make music as i do then its a winner! i'm thinking of getting an iphone or itouch just to have in my pocket all the time for when i want to make beats.. theres nothing better than using your fingertips!*

*talking from experience with the "beatmaker" app

i have beatmaker, it is a pretty good app in my book. you can load your own samples and take it with you, write beats on the go and export them back to the computer later. it is a limited program, i tend to use it only for sequencing...have not found a great mobile synth yet, noise.io is pretty close though.

Back
Top Bottom