Installing a proper version of Massive and my project on Logic won't play audio?

Zian

I had a version of Massive that kept crashing so I bought the legit copy but now the track I've been working on won't play any sound.

I'm using logic and the latest version of Massive.

I have gone into each Massive track and tweaked the synths to try and fix it but no luck.

I've also tried deleting every massive track, nothing. New projects with massive work fine and so do old ones without massive.

The synth's won't be hard to redo on a new project if there is a simple way of transferring the midi data.

Thoughts?

Could be one of a couple things. First I'd try creating a new project and inserting massive into it to see if you get any sound. Also, make sure you have the instrument channel the contains Massive selected, you probably already know that but even the best of us sometimes overlook the simple things. Finally, make sure you have the latest version of Massive by going to Service Center and checking for updates.

If none of the above are working, check the midi channel settings of both the channel strip and massive to make sure they're setup equally.

To import your midi region from another project to your current one, simply locate the project using Logic's browser. Double click the project file and this will open a snapshot of that projects tracks. Locate the channel that has the Midi region you want. Then check the "content" box and click import. Boom goes the dynamite. :)

Let me know if you're still having issues.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Perfect tried all those things up to the I/O settings which I'd tried tweaking earlier. Reset it to stereo out then the master track came up...It was muted. Updating massive seems to have swapped the output channel to something else so I didn't check to see if it was muted.

All fixed much appreciated man

Perfect tried all those things up to the I/O settings which I'd tried tweaking earlier. Reset it to stereo out then the master track came up...It was muted. Updating massive seems to have swapped the output channel to something else so I didn't check to see if it was muted.

All fixed much appreciated man

Glad you were able to get it sorted. There's nothing worse than having a new synth installed and not being able to get it working. I'm having a similar issue with Z3ta+2, but sadly it's a bug that Cakewalk is working on (so they say) and there's nothing I can do...but I digress.

Cheers man.

Back
Top Bottom