Impulse...

c-level

always clipping. how do you guys treat it? how do you treat it differently when there are more real drum set samples in it vs nasty drum machine samples in it?

ello mate, question is a bit confusing... but i would turn down each instrument in impulse itself?

i guess by 'nasty drum set samples' you mean the presets in drum rack yeah? well a) i dont use em and b) i use drum rack but load up my own samples, as you can run effects on each individual element

(y)

i find the drum rack strange because you have to crank up every sample from -12db otherwise it sounds weak! while impulse is clipping heh! im using two impulse, one full of drum kit sounds, and the other of fatter similar sounds with the drum machine twee vibe to back them up maybe its cuz i got an 808 kick cranked so you can hear it but its giving me some really unpleasant clipping, even with the impulse itself turned down like -10/12db? just tryin to get a good mix...

i find the drum rack strange because you have to crank up every sample from -12db otherwise it sounds weak! while impulse is clipping heh! im using two impulse, one full of drum kit sounds, and the other of fatter similar sounds with the drum machine twee vibe to back them up maybe its cuz i got an 808 kick cranked so you can hear it but its giving me some really unpleasant clipping, even with the impulse itself turned down like -10/12db? just tryin to get a good mix...

you can adjust the volume of each instrument in impulse, one of the further left knobs...

but as i said, i use drum rack cos you can write a whole drum pattern in it and put different compressors, filters, eq's etc on each different element AND add a compressor/limiter to the whole thing without using sends! find it easier, and i have found it easier to make henchness drums!

yeah what richie said, -12db is a good starting point for volume anyway, if you cant hear them, turn up your speakers, if impulse is too loud, turn it down, get over the fact they sound more powerful just because they are louder, they arent. : )

Back
Top Bottom