i think my tables suck

mad scientist

Turkish
alright, so I've been practicing for close to a year now, and I'm starting to wonder just how crappy are my decks. I bought one of those Numark DJ in a box sets, that come with 2 direct drive decks and a crappy mixer. I've since upgraded to the Numark DXM 06 mixer and am seriously considering getting 1200's. My biggest concern regarding my decks though is that I think the pitch slider sucks really bad. I can barely hear a difference when I speed up or slow down the pitch. Does anyone have any insight to this. I'm willing to bet that the pitch slider on Technics are 20 times better then what I've got now. Damn if this shit doesn't get frustrating.

mad scientist said:
Damn if this shit doesn't get frustrating.
aye, it sucks...

i think that on decks like yours (and mine TT-100...(n) ), the pitch control just loses it after certain mileage, and it just moves on its own whenever it feels like...
get Tecks mang, i got a job now so soonish i ll get me filthy hands on a pair
:rslayer:

u will defo hear the difference in technics pitch fader.........they are pretty sensitive.technics all the way though IMO

Yeah I know what you mean. I've attempted to mix on non-technics tables before and its _very_ hard. I wouldn't really recomend anything but technics brand even though competing models will offer more interesting features.

If you can get a used pair I'd go that way. I bought mine used and although they're scratched up and full of anime stickers, they still run great (knock on wood right?).

Back
Top Bottom