I need a scene overview

tringo

Hey everyone, I just heard my first drum and bass set and it blew my socks off, literally. I'm now walking around barefoot.

I was just hoping some of the users here would be helpful enough to explain to me some of the big D'n'B Dj's right now. I'm more of a house guy so I know all the big songs and DJ's in house, but I'm really trying to get into some more Drum and Bass.

I was also wondering about any big festivals which specialize in this type of music?

Cheers

EDIT:

P.s. the set/Cd I heard was; Elisa do Brasil-So Massive

Check out the link in my sig and go through the list of producers/djs there starting with "early pioneers". The article is a good initial start to dnb.

Considering what you know and have heard, you might like to check out:
Marky
SUV
LTJ Bukem (search this out - any set with MC Conrad)
High Contrast (especially)
Cyantific
Shy Fx
Roni Size
Dj Zinc
Paul B
Nu Tone
Logistics
London Elektricity
Jenna G

I.e. liquid funk (yes that the name), jazzstep or jump up.

The label you might want to check out the most is Hospital Records which started off as a house label.

For now stay from anything that sounds inspired by science fiction, dark or nasty. That will come later.

Thanks a lot. That article was really helpful.

I get most of my music from fileMP3.org and I found some Logistics tracks there which I will check out.

In that case I regret telling you.

DO NOT PIRATE TRACKS.

If you want to check the music out, get some sets from the mix section of this forum.

Back
Top Bottom