i just scored me a focusrite penta!!

logikz

I Am Not The King
WORD IS UP BISHES
130 eur! bo-nan-za!
Compressor.jpg

Platinum series stuff is sick for the money to be fair, got the trackmaster channel strip, not a bad bit of kit at all. College I work at have the octapre pre-amps in their tracking room, they dont have a bad sound for the money either.

i've got the saffire 6 runnin through krk 5's, and i gotta say. it's pretty fucking crystal*
well impressed with it and only £140 or there abouts.

i know this might sound a bit stupid - but what do you intend to use it for? to compress your final mix or just individal elements?

think i heard sp say on that rinse show the other week that they were running the final mixdowns through a tl audio ivory to 'warm it up'
it's something that interested me, as i've got access to one of them.... kekekeke

i guess i should say, do you intend to use it on individual element or a whole mix down. or, even.... BOTH!>!?!?!?!

Last edited:
i know this might sound a bit stupid - but what do you intend to use it for? to compress your final mix or just individal elements?

think i heard sp say on that rinse show the other week that they were running the final mixdowns through a tl audio ivory to 'warm it up'
it's something that interested me, as i've got access to one of them.... kekekeke

i guess i should say, do you intend to use it on individual element or a whole mix down. or, even.... BOTH!>!?!?!?!

no no not stupid, im going to use it for transient shaping on drums, squash breaks and distort stuff too. and its got a mic in, but thats what i usually do, i think.
im going to try and run my final mix through it too, the seller told me thats a real good idea even though it doesnt sound like it to cos it feels like it would cause pumping, but ill give it a try and tell you how it went

They look like nice bits of kit, TL make some good stuff. I like the look of the ebony series summing mixer, quite a good price for what they are, wouldnt mind hearing one.

we got couple ivory pre amps in uni, and they're cool for treating instruments and vocals, but i didnt like them on synths and on a full mix. it did warm everything up, but at the same time it made the mix a bit mushy and unclear, and took away some edge from grittier synth sounds. perhaps the MOTU shit card was to blame for that too. Perhaps with better converters you could get better results, otherwise the quality degradation isnt worth it imo.

ive got 2 new ish songs from this summer, kid_booh.mp3 and a song for bull, dont know if you heard them yet but ill send you a link, see what you think. whats up for NYE crapitain??

Hit me with some links big man!

Spending NYE with the brummies, should be allreet why aye man

no no not stupid, im going to use it for transient shaping on drums, squash breaks and distort stuff too. and its got a mic in, but thats what i usually do, i think.
im going to try and run my final mix through it too, the seller told me thats a real good idea even though it doesnt sound like it to cos it feels like it would cause pumping, but ill give it a try and tell you how it went

if it pumps too much a sidechain input would be helpful. does it have one?

Back
Top Bottom