I can not figure out this synth for the life of me

MDCNMN

Has anybody deconstructed this whole vowel-reese sound I've been hearing lately? I've noticed it in Ownglow's Angels with the intro synth and in Noisia's Anomaly just before the drop.

Here's some links:

Angels - pretty much up until the drop

Anomaly - comes in around 0:22

I'm not sure what you are asking. The song anomaly has two distinctive sounds that come in at 22 seconds. One sounds like a reece bass high passed, the reece could be super saturated and distorted with other effects, and or fm reece with saturation, distortion, and other fx. And the other sound is a vowel sounding sample that hits the mid range, and bass ranges. This one could be a plethora of things, like a sample, or a synth, with the ability to sound like a sample. Either way, the easiest way to try and recreate this sound would be to pick a SINGLE note that you want to work with, and use a sample of a vowel sounding synth(probably playing a polyphonic chord), or a real vocal sample(preferably a choir due to the high harmonics), and a reece bass. Play with the the high low pass filters, and add effects as needed to, or to the best of your knowledge. Once you are happy with this one note you have taken forever on, bounce it out as audio into a sampler. Play it in key with what ever track you are working on. Also, don't be afraid to make multiple versions of this process, and just mix it up a bit. Granted the sound I hear at 22 seconds is complicated but basic principal is simple. Make a sound, and then sample it. You will notice that appeasing peaks a troughs that variate between each note separately. (Side note, most synths you can simulate this with lfos that are key synched with notes.) If you follow this basic principal you can easily make your own unique variations and complex patterns you are working so hard to achieve.
If all of this is confusing, please try this simple but essential process. Play a sine wave from a multi osc synth at middle C on your key board. (It is not a bass note.) Then add a second osc at the same octive, detune both osc to... I don't know 24 cents of a note. You should hear a wobble. Play this note for a couple of seconds while sampling it. Bounce it, set the note to middle C on your sampler, and now play C1 and the C2. You will hear how this wobble and movement of the bass becomes synonymous with dnb. But its application and endless variety make an artist unique.

Sure you're not confusing bass with chords? Both the tracks have slightly lowpassed pads at around the points you mentioned

Back
Top Bottom