How to get a nice 170BPM in FL Studio?

lhalha

Just a quick question for the FL users...

To get a track running at 180bpm with 32 beats to the bar, I always end up setting the tempo to 720 bpm, 16 bars, and 4 beats to the bar (I think this is right, I'm not in front of that machine at the moment)... Ok so I guess I could also set the tempo to 340 and 16 beats to the bar

Anyway...

If I set the tempo to 170bpm, I can't work out how to get the number of beats I want in a bar. The maximum I can get is 16, which is not a high enough resolution for making a D&B track.

Is there another way? I have tried playing with the various setup options but never seem to get anywhere.

Of course running the track at 340 or 720 is not a problem in itself, but when using tools like the fruity slicer, it places all the notes together at the start of the pattern grid, and you have to manually move them along to get the beat running in "proper" time.

Hopefully someone will understand what I am bangin on about.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Leon.

You get alot more flexability when using the piano roll editor rather then the step sequencer... you can change the quantization to beats, 8ths 16ths etc etc... Also you can zoom in an out on your arrangement to make fine alterations :pimp:

I've only messed around on FL, but I set the bar length to 32, speed 170-180, without any problems.
If it was previously set lower you have to then expand the window so it shows the whole bar length.
uuum hope that helps
:moe:

thanks for your answers.. will let you know how I get on.. i think the quantising is going to be the way to go - I'm pretty sure I can't set my version (4.2) to more than 16 beats...

lhalha said:
thanks for your answers.. will let you know how I get on.. i think the quantising is going to be the way to go - I'm pretty sure I can't set my version (4.2) to more than 16 beats...

I only got version 3 mate, go to Options -> Song Settings -> Bar Length.

:slayer:

Back
Top Bottom