how to fuck a dubplate?

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by technic1210, Oct 29, 2008.

1. technic1210

technic1210 ''VINYL VINYL VINYL''

I got a load of records last few days old and new,one was a dubplate of an older tune by decoder and genoforce.i cant find it anywhere accept where i baught it from,so i payed the 12 odd quid for it.iv'e never owned a dub so was quite amazed when i opened it and it was heavy compared to normal vinyl.Anyway it skiped at the start,so i tried spinning it back the same happened,so i get the nail varnish that i have been advised by ppl on here to use and has in all respect worked on my other tunes and repaired them.However i put it on this dub and this blue shit is all over the tissue,and i new rite away this was probably not meant to be done on dubplates as they arn't the same material.any1 tell me what the blue shit is and what i have done maybe to the tune. i only played it briefly before and can't remember if it was clicky and noisy ect but now it's got smears all over it and does not sound to great.i thaught o well ill just buy it on normal press but cant find it.

2. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

It wasnt acetate was it?? The trouble with older plates is that they tend not to last as long.

3. technic1210

i dont no mate but the joke is on me i am a wanker why?because after doing some searching i found the tune on quantum mechanics album 5 lp which i have owned for around 4 years so i have payed for a dub that i allready own what a twat and waste of money. i checked b4 on this album because when i looked at the tracklist for it online it says genoforce the germ wich is written on the dubplate and on the quantum album but when i checked my lp it says genoforce-cyphon so i thaught the tracklist was a missprint on discogs and didnt even think to play the tune off my album but why would i it was a different trackname.but as i have now found out it's the same frickin tune!doh

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  4. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

Dubplates are made of Acetate and not vinyl..... there for most alchohol based cleaning liquid will degrade the acetate... VERY FAST... especially if your wiping it with a cloth of brush aswell.... sorry to say bro... but you may have fuked it up..... ive cut a few of my tracks to dubplate over the years and they degrade pretty quick on the best of times.....

5. technic1210

well my lesson will be to check i dont buy tunes i allready own !! and i think ill leave dub's alone if they tend to rott away.nice 1 rock.

6. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

Newer ones are ok. They are made of more resistant materials.

7. technic1210

well still leave em i think. why cant they use normal vinyl