How to connect ROLAND QUAD-CAPTURE with MICROLAB SOLO 6C

unmd

Easy pals!
I received my quad-capture 2 days ago, but can't connect speakers to it. I need two TRS or one COAXIAL input. When I went to Maplin Electronics to ask guy for a cable he said I need additional amplifier to change signal and then connect it. From my speakers I've got jack 3.5mm>2xRCA.

Last edited:
Easy.

That coaxial is used for S/PDIF, so don't concern yourself with that unless your using external hardware with S/PDIF.

What kind of speakers are you using? When you say 3.5mm to RCA, is that per speaker?

If your speakers have RCA inputs, than you can get a TPS to RCA (mono) cable or converter. I would advise to invest in a pair of entry level monitors, as speakers with only RCA inputs aren't going to do you any favors.

As far as the Maplin Electronics guy, he may be right. If your speakers are Powered Speakers (as opposed to Passive) than you're fine and don't require an amp. If, however, your speakers are passive, then I'm afraid you'll need to purchase an amplifier to power them.

Hope this helps. The Quad Capture is a nice bit of kit for the price. Very warm sound.

As far as I remember you recommended me quad-capture, so I found work for weekends and saved some quids to get it. :)
Check these pictures
PHOTOS
Cable called PC is ended with 3.5mm jack, bottom cables are for left speaker
This is back of quad-capture with 2 TRS inputs for left and right channel.
Quad-Capture

As far as I remember you recommended me quad-capture, so I found work for weekends and saved some quids to get it. :)
Check these pictures
PHOTOS
Cable called PC is ended with 3.5mm jack, bottom cables are for left speaker
This is back of quad-capture with 2 TRS inputs for left and right channel.
Quad-Capture

Glad my advice could help m8! Now let's see if we can't get this thing working...

From the looks of it, I don't think you need to worry about the PC RCA input. I think that's made specifically for an onboard audio card that only has a 3.5mm output. In fact, the particular input may even have a bit of added color/amplification for low signal PC audio cards, so I'd avoid it you can. Though I could be wrong, but I digress.

What you'll need to get are these. RCA to 1/4 TRS cables. You can also get 1/4 adapters. But I'd say go for the cables personally.

So your signal path will look like this: Computer (USB) > Quad Capture > 1/4 TRS output > Speaker RCA input.

Does that make sense?

Cheers.

Yeah man! I thought dual trs to rca doesn't exist! Cheers pal, again helping. :)
We are not able to ship this item to your default shipping address.
SHIT HAPPENS. I can't find it in the UK. Fuck. Or maybe I am too tired and can't search for it. Had a hard day...

Last edited:
Yeah man! I thought dual trs to rca doesn't exist! Cheers pal, again helping. :)
We are not able to ship this item to your default shipping address.
SHIT HAPPENS. I can't find it in the UK. Fuck. Or maybe I am too tired and can't search for it. Had a hard day...

Hopefully this will make your day brighter, below are links to some shops in the UK. Hopefully at least one will hook you:
http://www.thomann.de/gb/audio_cables.html
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Mogami-Pure-Patch-RCA-to-1-4--Mono-Hi-Definition-Patch-Cable-104005392-i1129262.gc
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Live-Wire-1-4----RCA-Dual-Patch-Cable-100938133-i1166753.gc
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Live-Wire-1-4----RCA-Dual-Patch-Cable-100938133-i1166753.gc

So your signal path will look like this: Computer (USB) > Quad Capture > 1/4 TRS output > Speaker RCA input.

Cheers.

I registered to this forum just to say you are my hero, great advice. I also didn't know these things existed. I own a Roland Quad-Capture too and I primarily use my AKG K 240 MKII but I want to hook up a pair of cheap speakers to my quad capture, just for the sake of it.

Thank you!

I registered to this forum just to say you are my hero, great advice. I also didn't know these things existed. I own a Roland Quad-Capture too and I primarily use my AKG K 240 MKII but I want to hook up a pair of cheap speakers to my quad capture, just for the sake of it.

Thank you!

You're welcome, and thank you for the kind words kenhermans! I'm glad I was able to help you out.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom