How Do You Think This Bassline Created?

strove

Not as much in DnB as other genres like modern UKG, I Have been hearing basslines like these heaps recently and really want to try and make my own variation of it, using an FM soft synth like Operator....

Anyone make this sort of stuff that can give me some tip? :D :D

I don't even know how I would describe it, its kind of hollow,deep and gritty at the same time haha

Here's an example

and more...

Start with a sine or triangle wave and then FM with other sine/triangle waves, pitch some to different octaves. Then put an LFO on the amount of one of the modulators to get the wubs. Then add some fairly dry reverb.

There are lots of different combinations of octaves, no of modulators, whether you use sine or triangle waves etc but through experimenting you ought to be able to find something similar

Start with a sine or triangle wave and then FM with other sine/triangle waves, pitch some to different octaves. Then put an LFO on the amount of one of the modulators to get the wubs. Then add some fairly dry reverb.

There are lots of different combinations of octaves, no of modulators, whether you use sine or triangle waves etc but through experimenting you ought to be able to find something similar

Thanks!

I have spent HOURS playing around with it and was getting absolutely nowhere.
Then I downloaded an Oscilloscope so that I could see what was actually going on and started making tiny little increases in modulation.
Now I am at the point where I can make a very similar sound, using a sine, being operated by one triangle wave. I increased the attack time of the Ttriangle's amplitude envelope and set it quite a few octaves higher than the sine.

...and it sounds nasty as F :)

Oh btw...
I added an EQ and removed a large chunk of the top-end because if you don't it makes the most incredibly ear piercing noise!

The first example you posted is dope. I love that stupid sound, and have been hearing it a lot lately as well. It's like the new speed garage and shit. AC Slater drops a ton of it. Niche, Bassline, Bass House, whatever the kids are calling it these days.

I wouldn't mind knowing how to make it as well.

Back
Top Bottom