how do YOU mix?

I started mixin wiv belt drive turntables. i got em cos they were cheap. you can not mis well wiv belt drives. so if ur gonna take mixin seriousl save up for some good direct drives. Now ive got numark tt200s and i love em. technics are the best wot all the pros use but cost a lota dolla.
:piss: :dual: :missile:

:jacko:

I also understand that some people are doing mix cd's by using a computer mixing program, but in my book this is very wrong![/QUOTE]

VERY VERY WRONG! BASTARDS! :rambo: :dynamite:

the good ol dayz :devil: i learnt to mix on belt drives and the first tunes i eva mixed together was lol toytown and party time i fink ;)

started out on belt drives about 2 and a half years ago. only just upraded to direct drive decks about 4 months ago. still want to upgrade again to 1210's. too pricey for my blood tho. glass collectin at my local strawberry moons dont pay for nice shiny new technics equipment im afraid! it barely pays for vinyl!

First time i used to mix with "traktor", but this program just makes you mixing worst(never use it!)...after i had moved to VTT - that one works like CD players, now I use BPM studio, and with it i actually understood what mixing is...but ofcourse vinyl is vinyl and soon i will get technics or numark decks//

missrepresent said:
SDM u are not shit. You are an excellent Dj !!

When I started back in the old days of 2001 I used to practise loads.

Now I just dont.

:nutkick:

2001 ! the old days ???

Try 1993 mate, thats the good old dayz when
Dj's were a rare breed !

Especially drum 'n' bass ones !!

:crazy:

freeagent said:
I put the needle on the record... put the needle on the record... put the needle on the record when the drum beat goes like this.
I suppose you "pump up the volume" and "dance, dance" as well.

I mix when "I think its time to make the floor burn". :mkay:

2 TTs, 2 CDs, 3 mixers, 1 CD-RW.
for dnb, breaks- it's usually long & smooth mixes
hiphop & other music- sample blends and cuts/drops

blunted.

Back
Top Bottom