DnB Hollow Bassline NI Massive

Play with your synth! Effects, etc! There is really no way to tell you specifically how to make that! Just work with it, work with your magic and get your groove down as best as you can is all that matters! it all ties itself together brilliantly well my mate! And practice always more!

@Raptor's Den, how can he play around if he doesn't know where to start?

Anyway,
try this: 1 square, on the effects channel, have a tele tube (dry/wet at 9 o' clock, drive at 10 o' clock) , and Chorus Ensemble with everything at 12 o' clock,
add a lowpass filter and turn the resonance down to 9-10 and the rest at 12

hope this helped you on the way mate, try reading a bit into sound design

Last edited:
I took the liberty of attempting to recreate the logistics bass as I had the song on hand. I was able to get it about ~90-95% similar.

Heres the comparison. My bass is at the first 16 bars, logistics' is at the next half.
http://snd.sc/17cZK4V

Also here's that patch https://www.dropbox.com/s/h63ldan126i16yf/eastern promise.nmsv

Couldn't get it exactly the same because he obviously used some hybrid square which gives off a different harmonic. The frozen wavetable was the closest I could get.

The fundamental trick to these basses are no secret though. Its generally one osc, normally a square pitched down 12 semitone and another osc with another wave form either pitched down 5, pitched up 7 or 19 semitones. (I think its called a power chord because its the root note with a 5th?)
and another osc with another wave form either pitched down 5, pitched up 7 or 19 semitones
^^ this part being of most importance as from my understanding, in doing this you give the bass that smooth harmonic tone.

@Raptor's Den, how can he play around if he doesn't know where to start?

Anyway,
try this: 1 square, on the effects channel, have a tele tube (dry/wet at 9 o' clock, drive at 10 o' clock) , and Chorus Ensemble with everything at 12 o' clock,
add a lowpass filter and turn the resonance down to 9-10 and the rest at 12

hope this helped you on the way mate, try reading a bit into sound design

LVB the way I learned was to press a key, listen, and play with every knob and see what it does thats what I mean play with it. Of course I know he doesnt know how. I could tell him right away how to do it and I even did... but play with it bro! practice practice practice.. i guess a better word besides play is learn.

Wow that's really helpful man thanks a lot!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks a lot for the help mate, very handy

Back
Top Bottom