Hi, my intro...

shikasta

....not a good start...I typed a whole introduction and then had to login again weirdly, kept typing in a wrong password and then got locked out, but hey! here we go again.

Hello! I feel a little like an impostor here as I'm not into dnb anymore. I came on your forum to seek help from you knowledgable lot, which I will get to in a bit. I do have some dnb history though. Many moons ago listening to DJ's such as SY, Grooverider, Bukem and the like, all smoking bongs in mates, flier covered bedrooms...Dreamscape, Exodus Orbit to name a few, driving around in my old VW camper van with 12" kicker sub and Sherwood amp in the back...brilliant times, messy times! Since then I got into trance and then psytrance.

Just before all this though I collected a very small amount of vinyl, although I never mixed I played them and I still have them, well apart from one, which is were I need someones help. This vinyl was by Blame and I think also 2 Bad Mice, Moving Shadow label, a light blue marbled vinyl and one track had a sample of 'Flatliners' the film, something about a beautiful light. Limited edition, not amazing tracks or anything, but it was a treasured possession...I got it at Record House (remember them) for about £1.99 back in the early '90's I'm guessing. This went missing/got lost or stolen, I just don't know.

So if i'm not seen as an impostor, and someone can help or knows of someone who can help, please let me know! I'd love to find another copy.... I'm beginning to feel like that guy on the old Yellow pages ad looking for a record lol

Thanks for reading guys, and I hope to enjoy my stay and hopefully find out about some blinding dnb...anyone care to suggest a few to start me off?? Once into dnb your always gonna love it

:welcome:
Have you tried discogs for the record you're after? You should be able to look through Moving Shadow's whole back catalogue and see if anyone's got a copy for sale.

Hi, thanks mate for looking for me, but nah, none of them. I think it did have the track 'music takes you' on it, along with possibly different mixes. Still don't know what the track with the sample is/was. I have had a look through the back catalogue again, but I don't think it is there...how can that be possible? It's doing my head in! :twitchy:

There's a Flatliners sample at the start of this tune..

Hi, that's cool but not the one, cheers mate anyway (y) The sample on the tune I had was from the beginning of the film...a woman talking about seeing beautiful light....the most beautiful light I ever saw"....

I don't know where to go from here...you know I've even tried to befriend Rob Playford on Facebook in the hope that I could ask him about....he'd know about this 12" I'm sure!! But then again.... :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom