Here's my small vinyl collection: can you recommend me any interesting mix?

JSDNB

Hello everybody!
Here's my collection on Discogs: can you help me to start to work on a mix please? My collection is not solid yet, so I'd like you to help me find suitable doubledrops/mixes... I've received some of these vinyls as presents, bought them, collected them from friends who were about wasting em... But basically I'm just starting. :)

http://www.discogs.com/collection?user=jacksaysdrumandbass

I'll post my digital collection as well if necessary, but I'd like to stay fully on vinyl.

Thanks to who will contribute,
Jack

Best way to start off is to just play around with the vinyls that you have and find your own double drops and mixes man, you will be clanging the mix at first but you have to learn to beatmatch and what type of tunes go together. It is hard at first but it's like anything, the more you practice the better you get. Also if you just feel completely lost, listen to other peoples mixes to get inspiration on how to do it and what it should sound like when you have songs properly locked in

Last edited:
PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE....

And you still wont feel good enough! :teeth:

Just keep at it man. What decks/mixer you using?

Hello everybody!
I'll post my digital collection as well if necessary, but I'd like to stay fully on vinyl.
Jack

My personal advice is ... don't go fully on vinyl that will cost you a fortune to buy every vinyl out there you like. Get some mp3s, they sound good too, almost no difference in sound, and mp3s are free!

If you want to plan a mix, start off with your favorite tune out of the lot. Then work your way through the pile, if it doesnt mix, stick it to the bottom, if it does, put it on the pile of tunes to play (in order), then repeat.

The best thing about mixing is finding your own sick mixes, and if your not doing that yourself it zaps a hell of a lot of fun out of the experience.

Just experiment and like i say, work your way through them one by one until you have a solid 10-15 tunes that flow well and then go for it.

Starting out is always hard. The best thing you can do is learn to beatmatch. Once you have got that boxed off you can start to learn the structure of each tune (eg. number of bars in the intro, how many bars is the breakdown etc).

Also take notice of the actual structure of the beat. You'll need to know where abouts in the bar the snares hit. This will make your mixes flow much better as the snares from the 2 tunes you're mixing snap together in the mix. It took me quite a few years to get to that point though so don't be worrying about it too soon.

Starting out is always hard. The best thing you can do is learn to beatmatch. Once you have got that boxed off you can start to learn the structure of each tune (eg. number of bars in the intro, how many bars is the breakdown etc).

Also take notice of the actual structure of the beat. You'll need to know where abouts in the bar the snares hit. This will make your mixes flow much better as the snares from the 2 tunes you're mixing snap together in the mix. It took me quite a few years to get to that point though so don't be worrying about it too soon.

To me this is a mistake. I used to mix off the snares until I started playing a lot of choppage. Trying to mix off the drums in that shit will do your head in. Always mix off the downbeat. That's one thing that never changes...until you start playing minimal and they stack kicks on the last beat of the bar and the downbeat.

To me this is a mistake. I used to mix off the snares until I started playing a lot of choppage. Trying to mix off the drums in that shit will do your head in. Always mix off the downbeat. That's one thing that never changes...until you start playing minimal and they stack kicks on the last beat of the bar and the downbeat.

I wasn't saying to mix off the snares. I was saying learn what snare pattern is in each tune so you can mix tunes together with the same snare patterns. It just sounds a lot cleaner in the mix. In a 16 step bar, straight up 2 step has the snare on the 5th and 13th step, where as most jungle has the snare on the 5th and 11th step.

Back
Top Bottom