HELP - EQ and general song cleanup needed

Dustek

Finished the PhD
VIP Junglist
I've got a track - dnb, though a little leftside.

First track I've made with Reason. I need somebody to clean the EQ and sound levels up and generally tidy it up - without changing the song structure (as in what sounds go off when).

Adding effects, panning, etc., fine, great, as long as it comes out more or less what I've been trying to get at.

If anybody feels up to sorting a major technical mess (though the structure/composition is fine - I think) - I'd be happy to send you a cd or vinyl (up to 15 quid) of your choice - if I like what comes out. I'd do it myself - but every time I touch the song - it gets worse and worse and I've given up and am working on another track from scratch.

I don't think this song has a chance in hell of being released - but if it, 25% of what I get :) Mostly though, I want to play it at my own gigs. I love the samples in it...

I don't a remix - I need production/sound engineering... if you know what I mean.

PM or email.

Ta.

PS 260 db pack needed.

You need to learn how to do that yourself. There are hundreds of tutorials/explanations/methods for different aspects of mastering, as well as hundred's of books to read. The only 1 I can recommend is "Mixing With The Mind", I forget who it's by, and I havent read it all but what I have read is extremely helpful.

I've done it myself on about 30 tracks - except this one is really fucking with me - I simply can't get past it and I've had enough of working on it. It needs a fresh approach.

Andydextruss said:
You need to learn how to do that yourself.

Not necessarily, a very small number of producers can mix and master their tracks to a decent level.... if every producer could then there wouldnt be any mixing or mastering engineers! @Dustek... try getting in touch with a local recording studio... most of them will do this kind of thing to a professional level, and not charge the earth :)

The art of mixing, a visual guide.
thats a good book,
and you can download it on limewire
I recomend this one,
also, use filters to put all the sounds in there own place across the frequency spectrum.
and panning is a good seperation tool as well

Back
Top Bottom