Headphones!

OCDJ

Strictly Vinyl
Easy peeps...

The time has come to buy some new headphones and I'm looking for recommendations please. I've read reviews and comparisions but I want 'real world' input, so I'm hoping to call upon the collective experience in here. Specfically I'm after a pair with really clean high end response, so any input in this regard would be great please.

I have had some great ones in the past and do have some in mind already but I have deliberately not mentioned what I have used in the past or what I'm replacing so as to avoid any bias :P

Peace

Hello mate

I have a pair of sennheisser HD-25s and i have never looked back since. Not only are they robust they sound great too. I use them both to DJ and to listen to tunes and i find it offers a fresh perspective and often a deeper insight into the music. Unfortunately im not an audiophile so i cant tell you what makes them the best, just offering my opinion

However, if money was no object i would pick up a pair of those audeze lcd-2s or lcd-3s. They are some serious headgear

Yeah i've got a pair of hd-25s, really really good headphones. Unfortunately they're broken at the moment - the 3.5mm jack is playing up.

I just checked out those audeze headphones - oh my days they are expensive! They're really ugly though

What do you plan to use them for? Mixing or simply to listen to music through. I'd also go for the hd-25s too, if its predominantly mixing you're looking to use them for. Quality, albeit flat sound that doesn't try to flatter the music too much. If you after something with a better bass response and packs a slightly bigger punch try the AIAIAI TMA-1s
http://www.aiaiai.dk/store/headphones/tma-1

Review: http://www.digitaltrends.com/headphone-reviews/aiaiai-tma-1-review/

Using them atm and they sound great too.

Ahoy,

I've bitten the bullet and stuck to what I know and love...another paid of bloomin HD-25s - No bad thing I suppose :)

Appreciate the input though chaps :)

What do you plan to use them for? Mixing or simply to listen to music through. I'd also go for the hd-25s too, if its predominantly mixing you're looking to use them for. Quality, albeit flat sound that doesn't try to flatter the music too much. If you after something with a better bass response and packs a slightly bigger punch try the AIAIAI TMA-1s

I really want to try a pair of those out. They look really nice as well

:word:

I love my pair, I've had them for about a year and they've held up great.

Yeah i've got a pair of hd-25s, really really good headphones. Unfortunately they're broken at the moment - the 3.5mm jack is playing up.

I just checked out those audeze headphones - oh my days they are expensive! They're really ugly though

Check out ebay for replacement cables. Piece of piss to change. Had to change mine a few weeks ago, audio kept cutting out in one ear, was because the headband (these are ii's) kept closing and pinching on the cable.

Check out ebay for replacement cables. Piece of piss to change. Had to change mine a few weeks ago, audio kept cutting out in one ear, was because the headband (these are ii's) kept closing and pinching on the cable.

Yeah but I thought the cables were like £50 or something silly? Yeah ive got the ii's too. Only got them 4/5 months back which is the most annoying thing. But that does mean theyre still in warranty, so i could get them fixed for free. its just a hassle posting them off and waiting

Yeah but I thought the cables were like £50 or something silly? Yeah ive got the ii's too. Only got them 4/5 months back which is the most annoying thing. But that does mean theyre still in warranty, so i could get them fixed for free. its just a hassle posting them off and waiting

Ive heard theyre insanely fast on warranty fixes.

Nah theyre not that expensive, think i paid 30?

Yes definitely get the HD-25s, Forau convinced me to buy them a couple months back and I can safely say they are probably best investment I have ever made. They very well-built and the sound quality of phenomenal, frequency response goes right down to what you need and even in high-noise environments you can still hear the track you're cueing up nicely. I have dropped them a few times and you can tell they are a solid bit of kit.

I bought mine 2nd hand for about 85 quid. If you're a bit tight on cash get them 2nd hand off ebay or whatever because pretty much every part can be replaced.

Yes definitely get the HD-25s, Forau convinced me to buy them a couple months back and I can safely say they are probably best investment I have ever made. They very well-built and the sound quality of phenomenal, frequency response goes right down to what you need and even in high-noise environments you can still hear the track you're cueing up nicely. I have dropped them a few times and you can tell they are a solid bit of kit.

I bought mine 2nd hand for about 85 quid. If you're a bit tight on cash get them 2nd hand off ebay or whatever because pretty much every part can be replaced.

Theyre tanks.

And the reason is theyre so simply designed. Less shit to break.

ive had my hd 25 1-IIs for about 3 years now and love them, recently bought a sennhesier hd650 cable from amazon for a tenner and a minijack adapter by sennhesier for a fiver to use with ipod and the sound quality seems to have improved but earcups need turning upside down and cable hangs from both sides

i had mine sent to a site called customcans who painted them and ive put some velour earpads on em

purple_turquoise_enigma_sparkle_hd25_by_dj_jfunk-d53ogtv.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

hd650 cable here

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-3m-Replacement-Cable-HD650/dp/B0028PGXRE/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1369329805&sr=1-1&keywords=Sennheiser+hd650+cable

and if you need to plug them into pc or iPod this is a 15 quid cable i found for a fiver

http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/sennheiser-adapter-6.3mm-socket-to-3.5mm-plug-en.html

Last edited:
I rate my Beyerdynamic T50P's way higher than HD25s. Beautiful headphones!

My HD25s have been gathering dust for ages now.. Keeping them though for partys/playing out etc.. Couldn't bare to break my Beyers!

I can't stand how uncomfortable HD25s are personally. I always look for comfortable earpads that cover the whole ear rather than sitting on the ear.

Last edited:
I've got HD-25s, but then started to look around for the best cans for listening to D&B at home. I researched a good long time and settled on Ultrasone Pro 900's. They beat the Sennys into the ground in every sense - the bass is gigantic, (not in the way Beats are - but detailed, full and textured,) and the high-range goes all the way up to a sparkle, with amazing imaging throughout the spectrum - the drivers are designed to provide 3-D sound by firing the noise into the pinnea rather than directly into the ear canal, so its like hearing the sound all around your head. This means you can have them louder (25% apparently) but with less damage to the ears than normal cans. Expensive though - have a google or read some of the reviews on head-fi.org. Not many people have heard of that (German) company, but they make seriously excellent cans, and D&B sounds like clubbing at home.

- - - Updated - - -

Reviews here

Official page here

904724pro_900_02.jpg

Hi. I can see the love for the hd 25s.

what if you were strictly at home/not too loud listening and wanted to make sure you had best sound/sub bass. would there be any other recommendations to the hd25s?

My feeling is that the hd 25s are good all rounders and very tough - but are there any more precision phones for home use?

thanks.

Back
Top Bottom