Multi Genre HAB - The Depths [40 Tunes of Deep, Techy, Melodic Bass] [ARRIVING AUGUST 2ND!]

One last bump of this. Sadly, no mixes of mine will likely be released any time soon.

One last bump of this. Sadly, no mixes of mine will likely be released any time soon.

:(
Bad times. U know I love ur mixes HAB
If u haven't rocked this yet, get on it. Listen and learn material.

Been doing some work on side-projects outside of the HAB name, commissioned stuff for some other people.

School year also just started, so I have zero time to mix things for pleasure anymore since mostly every waking hour is somehow swallowed up by teaching-related business.

Finally got my ass to proper listen to this one HAB, sorry it took me so long, I've been very busy lately :) Gotta admit this one was a bit tricky since I didn't love it on the first listen (I was being distracted tho), which isn't usually the case with your mixes for me. But I was sure you won't let me down so I was spinning it like a madman for a few days. And it paid off as expected. All those pieces fell into place and the whole image is breathtaking. Truth be told my favourite part has to be that non-dnb section as it has such an amazing atmosphere and flow, which is something I always appreciate very much because my expectations are always high in this matter thus they are rarely met. The selection is another stand-out part of this mix, I love the fact that you're not afraid to use not very well-known (and in this case it stands for underated) tunes along with some "popular" bits and making each and every one of those tunes stand out in its own way while keeping the flow very tight. I was especially fond of the opening mix, Lastik >> Cerulean Blue was fucking nuts and special mention goes to Departure >> Underpass, which is something I would never ever tried myself and oh boy it worked a treat! Definitely one of the best mixes of yours and one of the best mixes I've ever heard (happens to be the standard case with your mixes lately, which is why I'm being worried by what you've stated above!) :)

You're too kind, Gem. I must admit, this was a bit different of a mix for me to do, and though I am immensely happy with the result, I do realize that it may take a few listens to get used to. I took a long time structuring this one out, obviously, and made sure the whole mood flowed properly before doing anything else. That's of the utmost importance.

Funny you should say that about Departure >>> Underpass, as I have to admit that upon hearing Departure for the first time, the first thing that popped in my head was, "Oh man, gotta mix this with Underpass" and I could just hear that crackling little sample of his in my head to the drum pattern of Departure. And I also have to say I'm exceptionally proud of Lastik > Cerulean Blue. Both of those tunes are not appreciated enough and quite simply go OFF in a dance. Cerulean Blue has been rewind status since I've started playing out.

Thanks again for the listen, bruv, as I truly appreciate the detailed feedback and criticism.

Bumping both my mixes with news that a new bit may be forthcoming over the Thanksgiving holiday (or, as you lot know it, the almost-last week in November).

Back
Top Bottom