Good Hardware Synthesiser

Dj Jammin

VIP Junglist
Hi anyone got any ideas for a good hardware synthesiser.. nothing too expensive but i do want good quality

microkorg (with the sysex editor) and sh101 are both fantastic and go for under 300 eur, then theres the rm1x and cs1x both old and ravey sounding, real good for very little money. other than than there is the e-mu proteus card which is a really good rompler, think triton like quality but for a fraction of the price.

thanks for the i think i'll buy it. Does it come with a connector for the PC and is it hard to learn how to use it.

the microkorg is the simplest thing in the world, comes with cables and i even think its got a usb port. think the sh101 does too, the cs1x however is completely impossible to program, i only used it in audio (sampled phrases only).

the microkorg is the simplest thing in the world, comes with cables and i even think its got a usb port. think the sh101 does too, the cs1x however is completely impossible to program, i only used it in audio (sampled phrases only).

I don't think that's an sh-101 you're thinking of, those are old 80s things that don't even have a midi port. You must be thinking of the newish version that is not much like the original.

You can get an original 101 on ebay for about 300 quid. The bass these things can make is stinking

Microkorg sounds like a good draw though

Back
Top Bottom