[GLA] SEPALCURE (live) @ The Sub Club 02/02/12

bbotha

Mount Heart Attack, Kollektiv, and Oh My Days! present...

SEPALCURE live
(hotflush)

Born from a cathartic two week long collaboration between Travis Stewart (MachineDrum) and Praveen Sharma (Praveen & Benoit, Braille), SEPALCURE are a fusion of tribal dub, house and two step beats, Detroit techno chords , neon synths and dubbed out atmospherics.

The debut LP (out on Scuba's Hotflush) is a balanced and organized journey. This can be attributed to the experience and seeming calm of its principals; that it sounds so lively and inviting is the greater achievement. While syncopated rhythms-- pattering cymbals and kicks with now-familiar handclaps-- and probing bass sponge up dubstep's urban paranoia, Sharma and Stewart add plenty of more explicitly emotional touches to their work. How else to explain the Who's "See Me, Feel Me" stretched transparent over, um, "See Me Feel Me"? (And how the hell did that sample get cleared?) Or the hammy Italo-disco pianos that build up under the fingernails of "Hold On" and "Yuh Nuh See"? Sharma and Stewart have found an alleyway that few other producers have traversed.

Taking over the Sub Club for this very special show, we will be bringing a full production from the imagination of Florence To & Produkt, and maximizing the full potential of that famous soundsystem...

SEPALCURE live
@ SUB CLUB 2/2/12
£10, 9pm-late...
support from MHA, Kollektiv & Oh My Days residents...

http://www.facebook.com/events/345599538786118/

Back
Top Bottom