Getting a Breakbeat Simply

Osime

Official Japanese Student
VIP Junglist
I am currently using Cubase LE 4 and I'm not sure how to get a break beat done efficiently. I'm looking for something like Fanu's "From Afterlife She Speaks" with aggression and space. The only way I know how to do it is the old school way and just drag out some samples and put them on the screen the way I want them to be... kinda like Burial and his SoundForge adventures. :sick: If anyone can help me with getting a faster method to creating breaks it would be greatly appreciated. Or there could just be the simple answer: "There is no method that you would consider more efficient in creating breakbeats. You must click and drag. :bone:"

Last edited:
you could get a soundfont playing sampler. other than that doing breaks in audio is very common, there is a tutorial pdf file on doa you could check out. but battery could be a solution for you, its a drum sampler, so you load up your sliced breaks and it maps it over the keyboard. many ways to do it i suppose

what you do is what a lot of people do.. i think you'll find you'll need to spend time on your breaks no matter what method, and all different ways of creating them take time and patience

Back
Top Bottom