Get the Part Started!!!

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by Time Dependant, Jul 3, 2003.

1. Time Dependant

Time Dependant Jungle Hunter

Hows it going people, I really want to start my own night & put on some field parties around the area I live in but the problm is I don't know what would be a good sized soundsystem to buy. I'm on a budget so going for the top of the range Valve bassbin sized setup is a long way off for now.
    Does any1 know what a good starting setup would consist of? I need it to be loud enough for about 200 people if poss.

2. klusta

klusta Pulsar

I spent about a k on a 2k sound system, is probably about loud enuff for 200 peeps. Lights n shit always hike the price up.

I've got a good contact for quality secondhand stuff, let us know your budget and I see what sort of thing you can get.

3. Time Dependant

Thanks alot mate, my budget is probably the same as yours so if you hit me back with a list of what you can get for that it would be well appreciated.

4. jay walker

jay walker 1/2 of Passive/Aggressive

Sayber, what part you wanna start? you missing your Y :dutty:

With the dark style :devilslay you rinsin at the moment - a party in the woods be off the heezy!

You know i got your back on this - financially at the mo im broke like humpty, but if this nu job rolls off,
    i got snaps in if you need it!

:rave:

5. klusta

klusta Pulsar

no probs, I'll phone the geeza tonight.

6. Time Dependant

Mr.Walker looks like graduating from the school of hard knocks hasn't done my spelling any good!! Yer I reckon my dark sound, your heavy rollers, & Bad Aces tricks we can get things moving in the right direction. Same as you with the money for the mo but split the cost between the rest of the crew & you have yourself the makings of a small empire! Will all have to hook up & chat about this very soon.

Klusta can you hit me with the info when youo get it. Appreciate the help. :slayer:

7. klusta

klusta Pulsar

just got off the phone

he aint really got much caus of the time of year. He does re-furbs for a chain of clubs and they change their equipment around Feb to April which is the time he has them. What he does have is 8-9 large amps coming in at the end of next week, I'm gonna ring him anyway and find out what he gets in caus I need a second amp to run my bass off (highs/mids and bass r in parallel atm)

he said he'll keep his ears to the ground though

8. skope

skope promoti0nal.douchbag

i think you'd expect to pay a couple of grand for a battered around 3k rig. ebay or squatjuice probably your best bet - the latter means you deal with free party peeps who are tooooo helpfull. we've got a fair deal of contacts locally promotion wise & free party wise so may be able to offer some advise. always up fo' helping out local lads! =)