G Dub/Taxman style gritty sounds

maximalmaterial

Does anybody have any idea what pieces of software/VSTs/sound modules/synths that g dub, taxman and hazard etc. are using to create those awesome jump-up sounds?? I just cant seem to get them out of Reason or anything else. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Cheers!

Alot of their sound is just good production technics. Doubt u will find a pre-set package.. You cant just find aload of samples/pre sets and chern the tunes out. It takes YEARS of hard work.

Get some software you like and just learn them inside out. After a while im sure you will find the sound you are looking for.

I recommend : Native Instruments Massive, Sonalisis VST, NI Battery, PSP Vintage Warmer, Sony Oxford Plugins.

Last edited:
without being rude, fuck trying to make sounds that already exist , make your own bass sounds, so when people hear it they dont say, hey thats a bass line like g dub, sounds great, insted they will say fuck man that bass line is sick, i havent heard shit like that befoe, ya get me??

any ways, native instruments are the way to go, massive is sick, so is kontakt, fm8 and absynth, if you are useing a mac gis a pm and i'll hook you a few spear copies i have,

oh and camel phat is fucken wicked, great effect for getting nasty b lines out of nearly any sound.

peace

without being rude, fuck trying to make sounds that already exist , make your own bass sounds, so when people hear it they dont say, hey thats a bass line like g dub, sounds great, insted they will say fuck man that bass line is sick, i havent heard shit like that befoe, ya get me??

Yeah totally agree, engrave ya own name into the history of dnb, not running through the groove of others...

peace

im not avin a dig at u dar kist but i think every artist is inspired by other artists and influenced by the shit they listen to, if you like g dub b-linez then do it like that, then in time, u will evolve your sound into your own.

maximalmaterial i do gdub taxman jump up shit all day long so i will strongly recommend (if your usein cubase) massive, fm8, pro53, absynth & impluse. pull the 'attack' back to get the 'womp' soundz.
Safe
MrWobalz.

all about the hardware compression. if u want that sound i advise to take your tune to a proper studio and then gain everything and compress it (which most these producers do anyway) thats wat helps your tune sound sick either played at fuill volume or quiet. or buy a sick compressor bout 10 grand?:gaywhite:

Personally ive just been using the waves vst's to try come close but u never will get it sounding 'phat' unless u spend money on some hardware

Last edited:
all about the hardware compression. if u want that sound i advise to take your tune to a proper studio and then gain everything and compress it (which most these producers do anyway) thats wat helps your tune sound sick either played at fuill volume or quiet. or buy a sick compressor bout 10 grand?:gaywhite:

Personally ive just been using the waves vst's to try come close but u never will get it sounding 'phat' unless u spend money on some hardware

Not at all man! U can get heavy sounds out of vst's! It will help if u use Hardware etc but serious these plug ins these days are to much.. if u want a good affordable compressor have a look at the Liquid Mix. Emulates a lot of the old compressors and sounds so good.

Alot of their sound is just good production technics. Doubt u will find a pre-set package.. You cant just find aload of samples/pre sets and chern the tunes out. It takes YEARS of hard work.

Get some software you like and just learn them inside out. After a while im sure you will find the sound you are looking for.

I recommend : Native Instruments Massive, Sonalisis VST, NI Battery, PSP Vintage Warmer, Sony Oxford Plugins.

massive, i wish that beauty would work properly in fruity

Back
Top Bottom