NO MORE NETSKY, NO MORE HEADPHONES & NO MORE HOW DO I's!!!!!!!!!

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
Seriously bored of seeing this 1st page littered with these 3 subjects! The entire 1st page is filled with netsky, what headphones or how do i do this threads! C'mon guys.....seriously! If you so desperately need to know these things then read the exact same thread about the exact same subject that was posted by someone else a couple of hours beforehand! Use the search function FFS!

We seriously need a new mod in here to keep this place clean of all the shit!

Sometimes when I'm bored I look at old posts on dnbforum from 10 years ago... People advising to cut 200hz on the snare because it muds up the mix.:spliff:

Now the page is littered with guys whining about Netsky , headphone and how do i threads

I just mean , this is a dnbforum and this subforum is for production, what do we need to ask if we can't ask tips and tricks?

Now the page is littered with guys whining about Netsky , headphone and how do i threads

I just mean , this is a dnbforum and this subforum is for production, what do we need to ask if we can't ask tips and tricks?

You can ask for tips on specific shit for e.g :

How can I create a bassline with depth and warmth. Much like the ones in many Liquid tracks across the board. I would show examples but I don't want to sound like anyone in particular. I just need an outline on how you guys go about creating the same style basslines in liquid tunes.

Ive come quite close *post example* I would love to get some feedback and direction on this?

Thanks!

Not :

*youtube link*

How do i make this bass at exactly 1:39:23 I want to sound like him. Please someone here must be able to answer for him yada yada.

A prime example of what is killing this section of the forum

You can ask for tips on specific shit for e.g :

How can I create a bassline with depth and warmth. Much like the ones in many Liquid tracks across the board. I would show examples but I don't want to sound like anyone in particular. I just need an outline on how you guys go about creating the same style basslines in liquid tunes.

Ive come quite close *post example* I would love to get some feedback and direction on this?

Thanks!

Not :

*youtube link*

How do i make this bass at exactly 1:39:23 I want to sound like him. Please someone here must be able to answer for him yada yada.

A prime example of what is killing this section of the forum

Okay I agree. :)
Maybe there should be a subforum for bass replication? Just an idea :/

Okay I agree. :)
Maybe there should be a subforum for bass replication? Just an idea :/

Better idea: sub forums for who you want to mimic. The netsky one obviously needs to be a sticky.

I just feel learning to produce is kinda like learning to play an instrument... How do most learn to play guitar or piano, they watch someone else do it.
That's my idea on bass replication

true :/
I'm always creative now, in track production but a year ago, when I started out it was all like ShoUnd LiKE FunTc4se Aand DctorP and Ashome NetSHky...
If I ask about a bass now I'm just curious about how it's made, not that I'm going to use it...

fair enough, but that is just how it comes across.. ive literally just startd playng around in logic and i have started wondering how to make certain sounds but i would just play around til i work it out or find something that sounds better

fair enough, but that is just how it comes across.. ive literally just startd playng around in logic and i have started wondering how to make certain sounds but i would just play around til i work it out or find something that sounds better

That's actually the best way to learn, keep it up

true :/
I'm always creative now, in track production but a year ago, when I started out it was all like ShoUnd LiKE FunTc4se Aand DctorP and Ashome NetSHky...
If I ask about a bass now I'm just curious about how it's made, not that I'm going to use it...

if you want to achieve wat this guy is doing, listen to Ed Rush and Optical since the 90's and some Pendulum, those are the pioneers of Neurofunk how we know it...
After you learn all the pure neuro sound and concept from the origins, you can understand where to go for the future, without following current artistes, but believing in a way to conceive DNB... and that's another story than replicate a bassline! WORDS!
Ok, that post was specific for Neuro sounds, but still apply for any kind.
The concept it's vital, without that, you create an empty virtual emulation. Some major artistes are powerful because they have put their soul on what they do.

If you try to find shortcuts by asking how to emulate or replicate a sound, you are going to miss the most important fun of production!!! Sperimenting with machines it can be tedious sometimes, but it give the most emotionally intense satisfactions when you build from scratch your own sound!
With Reason it's even more easy than other sw, cus has a fantastic GUI!

And even if you replicate a sound following the tricks and tips from others, what do achieve?
You will feel empty and unsatisfaited, cus that sound is not your... You'll feel a cheater and you'll end up on not using that sound in any track, because you don't want your tunes labeled with the Netskysh cover sound! You want Flite sound!! Right?!

Seriously, have fun! Try, speriment.
I can never forget one of the most useful tip Noisia always gives... If you don't have fun on spending days, weeks, months on building a single sound, you are not going to enjoy what you do and the resoult it will never gonna satisfy you.

And even if you replicate a sound following the tricks and tips from others, what do achieve?
You will feel empty and unsatisfaited, cus that sound is not your... You'll feel a cheater and you'll end up on not using that sound in any track, because you don't want your tunes labeled with the Netskysh cover sound! You want Flite sound!! Right?!

Seriously, have fun! Try, speriment.
I can never forget one of the most useful tip Noisia always gives... If you don't have fun on spending days, weeks, months on building a single sound, you are not going to enjoy what you do and the resoult it will never gonna satisfy you.

So true !!! Experimentation is KEY, thanks buddy

Ok, so I understand that people are gonna want to know answers to these topics. But I just think that people should take a moment to skim over at least the 1st page to see if their topic has been spoken about already. I mean, only the other day someone posted about headphones for production, and then a couple of hours later, someone posted the exact same thing! And every other thread on this 1st page has Netsky's name in it! It's getting out of hand.

All we need is a mod that frequents these parts on the regular that can manage them well. Doesnt have to be stroppy about it, all they have to do is keep the one most popular thread of each topic open, then lock all others so they drop off the 1st page, with a final post in each linking to the one that is still open. Problem solved, everyone who wants to chat about these subjects are all in one place

Back
Top Bottom